• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bentley Continental GT or Aston Martin D89?

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which one do you prefer? Why?

Continental GT
  • Max Speed: 198 mph
  • Power: 552 hp
  • Acceleration: 0-60 in 4.7 seconds

Aston Martin D89
  • Max Speed: 186 mph
  • Power: 450 hp
  • Acceleration: 0-60 in 4.9 seconds

GT-Ext-Photo-2_l2_w728_h402.jpg

aston-martin-rapide-2big.jpg

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I love the look and design of the new DB9, plus I like the fact that it's a four door.

Tibo

Reaction score
I definitely and strongly prefer the design of the Aston, but I've never been in the Continental and suspect its interior might be spectacular.

On the contrary I've not been impressed by the interior of a brand-new DB9 whose owner told me that it was already doing annoying noises after 2 months. But what an engine
inlove.gif

Why not considering a Maserati Quattroporte ?

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aston.. no question. That car is hot. And those numbers don't really mean the GT is faster. I'd say the DB9 is faster where it counts. Hell, I'd even take the V8 Vantage over the GT.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
As some of you have read, we are in the car market. It has been frustrating to say the least when each partner (wife) has a choice of their liking. It's I want, she wants and I'm about to give in to her desire because for me there are greater battles to win.
She has been sending me links to various cars she likes and the other morning she affixed to the refridgerator door a picture of the Bentley-Continental convertible.
Anybody got any dough they can front me!

Best Regards,

Gary (in the poor house)

Tibo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Um, the DB9 is not a sedan:

Nah, indeed... But the D89 is.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tibo
Nah, indeed... But the D89 is.

pwnt!
tounge.gif

+1 for the D89. I'm not a big fan of the Bentley because it screams P Diddy. Plus, the D89 is sure to be a better performer on the track.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DB9. SO beautiful. (and not just a giant VW
devil.gif
)

Tibo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
DB9. SO beautiful. (and not just a giant VW
devil.gif
)

But the DB9 even if it's far from a giant Ford still has some disturbing elements ... Like a (not even properly) rebadged Ford key.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
pwnt!
tounge.gif

+1 for the D89. I'm not a big fan of the Bentley because it screams P Diddy. Plus, the D89 is sure to be a better performer on the track.

Is the AM sedan out for sale already? Has there been a price announced? If not, the only AM with a 9 which can be purchased at the moment is the DB9.

Jon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads