• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bentley Continental GT or Aston Martin D89?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Is the AM sedan out for sale already? Has there been a price announced? If not, the only AM with a 9 which can be purchased at the moment is the DB9.

Jon.

It must be tough for you. Let's see if this helps.

D89 and DB9 are two entirely different things. The OP asked for opinions on the former, not later.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
It must be tough for you. Let's see if this helps.

D89 and DB9 are two entirely different things. The OP asked for opinions on the former, not later.

I just assumed the OP meant Coupe for Coupe. Anyway.. if you say D89, DB9, and Cont GT.. I'd still go with my initial opinion and say DB9.

Lamo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tibo
Nah, indeed... But the D89 is.

wrong. it's a 2+2. I assume you were talking about the rapide. d89 is basically the convertible version of the db9 so they are essentially the same thing. So Jon is correct.

Personally prefer saving a few pennies and getting the vantage myself. not to mention the fact that i see quite a few more bentleys than astons... don't really care for the continental. just screams "i'm rich!"

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have seen several Conti GTs, both on the road, and most recently in Manhattan Motorcars' showroom. They never impressed me. The Aston, (regardless of which one) has presence. I am biased in that the DB9 is my current favorite car, and I have a V12 fetish. Regards, Huntsman

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'd take the:

gtr_04.jpg

and smoke all you suckaz in your fancy Euro-cars...

alflauren

Reaction score
Forget both of them. Get a loaded Phaeton and save $100k. It's a Bentley in disguise.

Pink22m

Reaction score
The Phaeton is a nice car, although the thought of spending 100K on a VW is a little unsettling for most people, I think.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, it seems like most people here like the Aston better. I prefer the Bentley, it seems classier than the D89 and the interior is incredible! I saw one in a showroom in Stocholm and was really impressed.

GT-Int-Photo-1_l2_w728_h402.jpg

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Why not just get both and later give away the one you like less as a sort of hand-me-down?

Brilliant idea.

I would get rid of both and buy Maserati Quattroporte instead. Is it a better car? I don't know, but it has better name than those other two.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Congratulations! You win the asshole of the week award here on SF. Jon.
DarkNWorn: you can take possession of it as soon as you can aquire it from Jon. I believe its been sitting on his mantle for the past 132 consecutive weeks...
smile.gif
Simmer down Jon, I'm friggin kidding!

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Ok, it seems like most people here like the Aston better. I prefer the Bentley, it seems classier than the D89 and the interior is incredible! I saw one in a showroom in Stocholm and was really impressed.
GT-Int-Photo-1_l2_w728_h402.jpg

Those punched design peddles are rather like Audi's. Steering wheels are just chock full of stuff these days.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads