1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Benjamin Satorial Shoulder Width

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by poiboy005, Jun 10, 2012.

1. poiboy005

poiboy005 New Member

Aloha Everyone,

I'm new to the forum, and wanted to purchase the following suit for my wedding in August.

http://www.ehaberdasher.com/servlet/the-13039/Benjamin-Sartorial-Suit-cln--39S-fdsh-40S/Detail

I've read nothing but good things regarding Benjamin Satorial. The only thing stopping me from ordering this now is the fact that the shoulders measure in at 17.85". This is smaller than any size 40 suit that I've seen, and is also smaller than most 38s. I am 5'6" 150lbs, and my shoulders are above average in terms of width.

Is this a valid concern? Or am I paying too much attention to a minor detail?

Thanks!

ps. I wanted to say that even though this is my first post, I've really enjoyed reading forums and taking in some of the knowledge that this group has to offer. It's a great forum, and I'm happy to have signed up as a member.

2. comrade

comrade Senior member

I would check with them. Their customer service is excellent.
    Comment: Their House Brand has very padded shoulders as can be seen in the photo.
    This goes against the SF paradigm of more or less natural shoulders, if that means anything to you.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  3. facet

facet Senior member

I'm 5'7 and 155lbs, I got those in the 38S and am pretty happy with the fit. I have a thread with pics if you do a search. I wouldn't consider the shoulders to be heavily padded. Certainly, they're not natural; but the padding is relatively light, IMO.