• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Benjamin, RLBL, or Caruso

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
these three suits have my intrest atm. I fit a RLBL suit pretty well with little alterationa nd the Caruso and Benjamin im looking at seem verry similar. So which should I go with since each can be found in about the same price point.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
B&S, Ebay, Retail store....

there not staple colors of course but they are on sale all the time.

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Caruso will fit slightly different than RLBL. It is a bit more fuller in cut, but still trim. Depending on the price, I would go for mainline Caruso.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd recommend CC Corneliani. Similar cut to RLBL and hickey, but much less shoulder padding. Half-canvassed and decent fabric

coop86

Reaction score
I have a Benjamin Lucente and it fits me pretty well, but the RLBL fits even better. RLBL is a bit of a tighter fit which sounds better for you, if the RLBL fits well OTR.

J. Cogburn

Reaction score
I'm 5.11', 175 lbs, and wear a size 40L and have a 33" waist. I own three RLBLs and they fit me like a glove and look tremendous. Have to wear a 42 in those suits however. They are cut awful tight. But who cares - the 42" fits me great.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by J. Cogburn
I'm 5.11', 175 lbs, and wear a size 40L and have a 33" waist. I own three RLBLs and they fit me like a glove and look tremendous. Have to wear a 42 in those suits however. They are cut awful tight. But who cares - the 42" fits me great.

I've found that RLBL's are bigger than other lines in the shoulders. I get a bit of overhang in the shoulders. And a ton of padding.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I once tried a Benjamin and found that it fit at least one full size bigger than RLBL. Even if I sized down one, I'd still need to do alterations to slim the pants and get appropriate waist suppression on the jacket.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TimelesStyle
I once tried a Benjamin and found that it fit at least one full size bigger than RLBL. Even if I sized down one, I'd still need to do alterations to slim the pants and get appropriate waist suppression on the jacket.

eHaberdasher has detailed measurements

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go for Raffaele Caruso Sartoria Parma
Really awesome

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
eHaberdasher has detailed measurements

I'm going to go by what fits, not comparing measurements, since at the end of the day that's what matters. Besides, I wouldn't ever make a purchase based on comparing measurements when the same person didn't do both sets.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stu00a
Go for Raffaele Caruso Sartoria Parma
Really awesome

i was interested in this but it seems ehaberdasher only has it in wool flannel for the most part.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads