• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ben Silver's CnJ's Brown Suede Unlined Chukka Boots -Pic Link- and Questions

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.bensilver.com/fs_storefro...y=5229&group=4

1. How does Ben Silver size their CnJ's? Are these size selections US or English sizing?
2. What last is this shown?

Thanks in advance.
Nice they have a matching belt also.

I think this looks like a nice complete package to go with all sorts of casual wear.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Probably the same boots which Crockett & Jones, Paris offers as a limited edition in red:
chukka_rouge.jpg

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you considered the C&J Tetbury? Its a chukka on the 348 (not suede or Hangrade though). I own a pair and love them.

alebrady

Reaction score
can anyone confirm that the Ben Silver suede chukka referenced above is, in fact, on the C&J 200 last? or is it a last specific to ben silver?

thanks!

Taxler

Reaction score
All the shoes I tried on at the store earlier this year were marked with US sizes and UK widths.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does that mean that Ben Silver's shoes are UK D-widths? Or are they marked as Es in the shoes but listed as Ds on the web site?

Taxler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Does that mean that Ben Silver's shoes are UK D-widths? Or are they marked as Es in the shoes but listed as Ds on the web site?

They're listed as D and marked on the shoe as D, but it's a UK D.

I base my statement on having tried some of some of the same models on at the NYC C&J store. The UK E fits my foot fine, the Ben Silver D is too narrow.

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scnupe7
Have you considered the C&J Tetbury? Its a chukka on the 348 (not suede or Hangrade though). I own a pair and love them.

are the tetbury's unlined as well?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartort
are the tetbury's unlined as well?

No.

Originally Posted by Taxler
They're listed as D and marked on the shoe as D, but it's a UK D.

I base my statement on having tried some of some of the same models on at the NYC C&J store. The UK E fits my foot fine, the Ben Silver D is too narrow.

That's very useful information. Thanks.

alebrady

Reaction score
no joy on confirming whether the ben silve chukka is on the C&J 200 last, eh?
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads