• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ben Silver Regimental Ties

Panzeraxe

Reaction score
Can someone please comment on the quality of these ties? - at $80 they're not cheap but I like one of their designs (which is the same as that of my alma mater)

Panzer

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...(which is the same as that of my alma mater)
LIAR.... KILL HIM......
devil.gif
No first hand experience but people seem to like them.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a ben silver tie and it is very solid.

JLA

Reaction score
Ben Silver has some nice patterns and colors. The quality is somewhere in the middle of the pack. I also had the rear seam come apart on a one year old tie and they repaired it no charge.
For around the same price you can get Brooks Bros. or a Robert Talbort( better ties, more money).

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone please comment on the quality of these ties? - at $80 they're not cheap but I like one of their designs (which is the same as that of my alma mater)

Panzer
I had a couple and they were OK. Very conservative. A bit too skinny for my taste. My taste runs to ties about 3.75 to 3 7/8 inches wide. A lot of guys here like skinnier ties.

I ended up giving them to the Salvation Army because I really didn't like them that much.

Panzeraxe

Reaction score
(Panzeraxe @ May 11 2005,16:11) Can someone please comment on the quality of these ties? - at $80 they're not cheap but I like one of their designs (which is the same as that of my alma mater) Panzer
I had a couple and they were OK. Very conservative. A bit too skinny for my taste. My taste runs to ties about 3.75 to 3 7/8 inches wide. A lot of guys here like skinnier ties. Â I ended up giving them to the Salvation Army because I really didn't like them that much.
Was it just the skininess that you didn't like, or did they also not tie a good knot? Thanks, Panzer

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Stu @ May 12 2005,14:35)
Originally Posted by Panzeraxe,May 11 2005,16:11
Can someone please comment on the quality of these ties? - at $80 they're not cheap but I like one of their designs (which is the same as that of my alma mater) Panzer
I had a couple and they were OK. Very conservative. A bit too skinny for my taste. My taste runs to ties about 3.75 to 3 7/8 inches wide. A lot of guys here like skinnier ties. Â I ended up giving them to the Salvation Army because I really didn't like them that much.
Was it just the skininess that you didn't like, or did they also not tie a good knot? Thanks, Panzer
Mostly just the skinniness. They looked funny to me. The construction is OK, but at that price point, compared to what you can get on Ebay and elsewhere, they aren't worth it, IMO.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My God, these are so beautiful. I must buy them all.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I emailed Ben Silver about their tie widths but have yet to receive a response. What other tie-makers make colorful patterns similar to the Regimental collection?

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fashionsnob
IMO Ben Silver isn't really known for Regimental ties.

I thought that's what Ben Silver was known for. That, and expensive blazer buttons. Maybe I'm wrong.

I think they look nicer in the catalogue than in person, and are a bit too skinny in my book.

coachvu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by knittieguy
I thought that's what Ben Silver was known for. That, and expensive blazer buttons. Maybe I'm wrong.

I think they look nicer in the catalogue than in person, and are a bit too skinny in my book.

They are very much known for regimentals, although the quality isn't of the same level as their price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads