• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Belvest Suits

TheChihuahua

Reaction score
I can’t find much info about them online (including here). Most of the information is a decade old that I can find.
What I can find:
- has a high quality line, made from good materials in a respectable manner out of Italy.
- was a manufacturer for some fashion brands such as Prada and Hermes.
- the Parisian Gentleman noted that you won’t find anything fused from Belvest, but some say their silver line/label is half canvased? Others say their silver line/label can be fully canvassed.
- they have very little online or major retail presence. Not sure where one would even find their products to purchase.
- their website displaying recent collections (1) the collections seem small, and (2) the collection seem more fashion forward than traditional professional/office attire.

thanks for the information

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two suits and three jackets from Belvest, the oldest of which
are 10+ years old. They are fully canvassed and very well made.
Because they manufacture "private label" for many retailers, styles
vary. Mine are uniformly "neapolitan". Sartoriale discounters usually have
a wide selection:

compuccesory

Reaction score
I can’t find much info about them online (including here). Most of the information is a decade old that I can find.
What I can find:
- has a high quality line, made from good materials in a respectable manner out of Italy.
- was a manufacturer for some fashion brands such as Prada and Hermes.
- the Parisian Gentleman noted that you won’t find anything fused from Belvest, but some say their silver line/label is half canvased? Others say their silver line/label can be fully canvassed.
- they have very little online or major retail presence. Not sure where one would even find their products to purchase.
- their website displaying recent collections (1) the collections seem small, and (2) the collection seem more fashion forward than traditional professional/office attire.

thanks for the information

Forum sponsor LuxGentleman carries a big collection of Belvest items. I have a few suits and agree with comrade's assessment. Just look for the black labels which are mainline v grey/silver labels which are half canvas diffusion line. The sponsors are usually good about pointing it out but sometimes miss it.

TheChihuahua

Reaction score
Forum sponsor LuxGentleman carries a big collection of Belvest items. I have a few suits and agree with comrade's assessment. Just look for the black labels which are mainline v grey/silver labels which are half canvas diffusion line. The sponsors are usually good about pointing it out but sometimes miss it.

how does the silver line compare to other half canvas offerings (Charles Tyrwhitt, Spier McKay?)

also, sometimes the silver label is listed as fully canvassed and sometimes half canvassed. I haveread That silver line can be both? Luxgentleman has some silver line as half canvas and some as full.

Last edited:

TheChihuahua

Reaction score

so this one is silver label and says full canvas

this one is silver line half canvas

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads