Belvest shoulders

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MilanoStyle, Jun 14, 2005.

1. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

How much padding does Belvest normally use in their suits?  Virtually nothing like Kiton, medium like Zegna, or heavy duty like Canali?

2. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

It depends on who they make it for.  Belvest makes a wide variety of cuts for different sources.  The Belvest suits at Louis Boston remind me a lot of a Borrelli shoulder -- light padding like Kiton, with a touch more slope.  But I've tried on a Belvest at another men's store that caters to a less fashionable clientele, and those Belvest's have slightly more padding (probably a touch more than Zegna) and a slightly squarer shoulder (again, probably in between Kiton and Brioni).

3. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

Jonny,

The suit that I am interested in is Belvest black label. It is not private label suit. So I can expect this to have softer shoulders like Borrelli?

Thanks.

4. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

I'm not talking about private label suits. THe suit you are considering, I imagine, is from Ebay, right? Even this suit will have been made for a store -- Belvest doesn't have its own retail stores, as far as I know. Your question would be akin to asking what the silhouette of a Hickey Freeman would be without informing us of the model. Belvest makes a lot of different models, and different stores will order different models. They still carry the Belvest black label, and only sometimes will include a store label as well.

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I think that a lot of the Belvest suits from Ebay are probably from Barneys. The Barney's suits have a little more padding than the Louis models, but not by much (and the skirts also seem a little longer).