1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Belts appropriate for dress wear

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by legodude, Jan 15, 2012.

1. legodude

legodude New Member

I'm in need of a new belt to wear with my dress pants and suits. I've heard good things about leathergoodsconnection.

Would this work with a navy suit?
    http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/handmadeleather/bill1.jpg

Or should I go with the more traditional dress belt?

Also, does anyone know where I can find those sliding/rolling military style belts but in leather? I can only find canvas online. They're holeless belts that usually have a plate buckle.

2. plei89

plei89 Senior member

What occasion would this be for? I couldn't imagine wearing a belt of that nature in the office.

3. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

I would try to find something more ornate. But maybe that's just me. :marchal:

1 person likes this.
  4. MattR

MattR Senior member

Seconded. That is way out in left field.

Allen Edmonds has some belts on sale right now with free shipping. They have a very nice pebbled leather for $50. Not as bland as regular calf, too.

5. Mute

Mute Senior member

6. Liquidus

Liquidus Senior member

I'm going to get a West End belt from Equus Leather, one of the affiliates here.

7. Orsini

Orsini Senior member

8. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

:crazy: That is not a 'dress belt'. A belt is more formal the plainer it is, and any belt to be worn with a suit should be a single colour with a plain brass or silver buckle. Anything with that amount of ornamentation is way too informal to be worn with a suit, and in this case way too ostentatious to be worn with anything.

9. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

10. bjornb17

bjornb17 Senior member

Somebody please think of the children.

I recently purchased two Allen Edmonds Wide Basic Dress Belts - One brown and one black. They are great and exactly what a belt should be.

11. johnvw

johnvw Senior member

The belt pictured on that link likely would not be considered a dress belt by most observers. I don't know about leathergoodsconnection, but you may want to check out www.beltoutlet.com and especially www.beltmaster.com. Genuine leather belts in dress (and casual) styles that are inexpensive. (No, this is not spam; I am a satisfied customer of both.) A well-intentioned suggestion; all the best to you, no matter what your choice.

12. johnvw

johnvw Senior member

^ This.