• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Belt to go with taupe suede Oxfords

MDFEncino

Reaction score
I just purchased a pair of taupe suede Oxfords for work, where I generally wear either suits or blazer and slacks, sometimes with a tie and sometimes without. Any suggestions regarding belts (material and color) to wear with these shoes?

maxalex

Reaction score
Taupe is a funny color in that it can look both brown and grey, which makes it hard to match.

Fortunately, when you start getting into unconventional shoe colors the usual rule about matching the belt needn't always apply. While a taupe suede shoe is not really exotic and could even be considered classic, it veers from standard black and brown enough to be in a separate category.

You could certainly try to wear a belt of a matching or close taupe color but it runs the danger of looking a bit too Miami Beach. I would probably just wear a brown belt and call it a day. If it really bothers you to choose, wear suspenders and ditch the belt altogether.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.