• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Belt thread - the best, more interesting belts you have/want/know of

il_colonnello

Reaction score
I have a box full of very nice leather belts, but the one I find myself reaching for most often is a simple elastic Gucci (non-Michele) belt, because of infinite adjustability and ultra low-profile closure. Beats buckles and D rings for wearing under T-shirts and knits (no unsightly bulge):

2017-10-17 14.01.29.jpg

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have ones of these as well, and the smaller version as well. Love it. I think that the one people slept on was the one made from am antique blackened nail.

Pretty much the only casual belt I wear, honestly. The one made from a nail was great--I am among the ones who slept on it. I like that Charlie offers one-of-a-kind buckles with a good selection of leathers and great workmanship.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty much the only casual belt I wear, honestly. The one made from a nail was great--I am among the ones who slept on it. I like that Charlie offers one-of-a-kind buckles with a good selection of leathers and great workmanship.

Yeah, he is pretty great. I do wish that he had more "casual" leathers with interesting treatments, like that from Guidi, but I recognize also that that is really not his market at all. But that nail bucke on strip of Guidi full grain bison would have been super cool.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, he is pretty great. I do wish that he had more "casual" leathers with interesting treatments, like that from Guidi, but I recognize also that that is really not his market at all. But that nail bucke on strip of Guidi full grain bison would have been super cool.

It would be great if Charlie would offer some leathers like that. As you say, it's not really his market. But he could pick up a few just to test out whether there are interested buyers--maybe take some pre-orders to mitigate risk.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been buying vintage Western and Navajo buckles for the last few years. I mix them with vintage tooled leather belts to wear with jeans.

stylish_raven

Reaction score
practical beats everything else quite frequently
I have a box full of very nice leather belts, but the one I find myself reaching for most often is a simple elastic Gucci (non-Michele) belt, because of infinite adjustability and ultra low-profile closure. Beats buckles and D rings for wearing under T-shirts and knits (no unsightly bulge):

View attachment 859711

Sheepdog149

Reaction score
Recently, I ordered a ranger belt from Bullhide Belts, and I really like it. It's definitely a tough, well made belt.
20190328_183140.jpeg

emptym

Reaction score
I've been really liking ring belts the past 10-12 yrs. Actually, I'd wanted one since the late 90s, but got my first ones in 2008 (not counting football uniform ones in the late 80s). Have accumulated too many though and was planning to give half of these to my brothers this summer, but w/ the virus, that may need to wait.

LtR: Circa of SF, BalticLoom x2, RL x2, Badgery, RMW x2.
IMG_7756.jpeg

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Those Baltic loom ones are pretty cool, but they wouldn't really mesh with my warddrobe in general.

emptym

Reaction score
^She has other colors that might work better, and I'll bet she takes requests. @gettoasty got a nice gray one, I think. I mainly wear these with faded, old jeans in the summer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads