1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Belt "tail" too long?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SklounstDraxxer, Jun 20, 2016.

1. SklounstDraxxer

SklounstDraxxer Active Member

Hi all,

I'm wondering whether the belt in the following pictures is too long:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm typically a size 34 in belts and wear the belt on the middle (third of five) hole. However, recently I've lost a little bit of weight--not sure if this is permanent or temporary!--and now I'm wearing the belt on the fourth hole. That leaves a "tail" of 2.75" from the belt loop to the tip of the belt.

Is this tail too long? To me it looks acceptable; and plus, I figure it's better to err on over-long rather than over-short because (1) I may gain the weight back, and (2) a belt can be shortened but not lengthened.

Thanks!

2. phr33dom

phr33dom Member

I think it's usually acceptable to wear a belt in any of the middle 3 holes of a 5 hole belt. The tail in your picture looks fine to me and not over long.

3. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Senior member

ideally you'd want to be in the center hole :)

4. SklounstDraxxer

Yeah, I generally agree with you. But given my circumstances (e.g., my waistline might expand!), I thought it was better to err on the side of too long rather than too short. How do you think the belt currently looks in the pics?

5. SklounstDraxxer

Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

6. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I think it looks fine.

7. SklounstDraxxer

Thanks for your feedback.

8. mrballs

mrballs Well-Known Member

looks fine to me too. the center hole is generally the rule of thumb to ensure the right length but as long as the tail lands anywhere between a little after the first trouser loop and before the lining of your pocket, the length should be acceptable as well.

9. SklounstDraxxer

Thanks! I've never heard the lining of your pocket rule of thumb, so that's very helpful.