1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Belt storage

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GatorStyle, Jun 3, 2002.

1. GatorStyle

GatorStyle Senior Member

It's been a few years since I overhauled my closet/storage organization, and I've been very comfortable with all but one aspect of the situation.  

For whatever reason, I've never been thrilled with where/how I store my belts.  I've heard conflicting opinions on the subject, and I've alternated between rolling them and stuffing them into something, hanging them, lying them flat, etc.  I was wondering how others in this forum store their belts, and why.

Thanx for the input.

2. davei

davei Senior Member

Storage? Why don't you just leave them in your pants? Juuuust kidding, lest you think this was the GQ Forum. [​IMG] I've had the same dilemma myself, and I settled on hanging. Being somewhat handy around the house, I fashioned a long holder with pegs out of some teak samples I had lying around. I fastened this to the back of my closet door, and let the belts hang by the buckles. I once had a large apron-like thing with a dozen or so pockets in it (original use unknown), which I used to store rolled up belts in. I got rid of it since I found the belts kept that rolled up shape (especially at the tips) and if they didn't, they'd pop out like a spring.

3. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

I also think hanging is best. If you roll them up, you risk scratching the leather with the buckle, even if you roll them up inside-out.