• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

belt problem

tedwin

Reaction score
I've started wearing a belt with my jeans everyday and the belt has gotten all warped and ruined. It's become bent in the middle, here's a visual aid:

I don't know what's up. Am I wearing it wrong? Am I not wearing the right size? I usually wear my jeans a little below the waist. I'm not sure what size the belt is, but I wear size 36 jeans and notch it on the fourth notch.

peezie

Reaction score
On another note, that's kind of a dressy belt for jeans wear, no?

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Overtightened but why is the 'bend' as you describe it a problem?

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bends form naturally in belts- It just has to do with the shape of your hips. The crease is a bit unusual, but it's not ruined. Leather is tough stuff, it's fine physically and not many will notice, much less care.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.