1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Belt matching dilemma

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by DSKent, Jul 19, 2004.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

VM,

I stand corrected. I really hate your $1 belt (sorry) but that tooled black one is pretty cool. I'd probably switch out to a more interesting buckle, but the tooling is very interesting, and the leather is probably terrific. At $11, I probably would've bought 2 and used the extra one in some kind of art project (I've been toying with the idea of doing my own felt appliques on American Apparel long sleeve tees recently.)

2. VMan

VMan Senior member

I figured that the preppy blue-stripe belt wouldn't appeal to someone with a mostly PDC taste as yourself. For $1, I couldn't pass it up.

I think we share a similar style - lots of PDC, unique items, attention to details, etc. However, I figured the belt would be a nice addition to a 'preppy' get-up that I do wear once every couple of months. Hell, it would be covered up unless my shirt was tucked in anyway.

I am kicking myself for not picking up another black tooled belt. I got that for $11, but maybe four weeks after I purchased it, they had another in the exact same size that had gone down to $5 on clearance. I love that belt, and it would be really cool to try and switch in a vintage buckle. The leather is actually great, I believe that belt originally retailed for $75-$90, so the quality is decent. Much better than, say, the Joseph Abboud and Jhane Barnes belts that retail in the same price bracket.

3. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Online your options might be the Saks or Neimans. However they have a limited choice so I think that the Gucci bouqiue would be your best option.

Other online places to acquire Gucci tend to be discount stores which not neccesarily fake tend to inflate prices.