• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

belt buckles...

johninla

Reaction score
What do you think of the Tiffany belt buckle - plain, rectangle, silver? Also, does Brooks Brothers make one that is on par with Tiffany? I'm thinking this is a classic piece that everyone should have. Yes?

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
184-0003.jpg

Zubberah

Reaction score
No, don't like it at all. Trying to be too many things in colour, leather, buckle, colour, etc. Just doesn't work for me.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zubberah
No, don't like it at all. Trying to be too many things in colour, leather, buckle, colour, etc. Just doesn't work for me.

The strap is shown for the purpose of illustration, you may use whatever strap you wish.
crazy.gif

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only works with black leather belt. No crock!
Looks very classy if not square or oversize. Elongated rectangle slightly wider than the belt is perfect. Get Tiffany.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomasso
Press
whip_01.gif

Tommaso . . . you're half in the dirt . . . and, half out.

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One thing I've always wondered about sterling silver belt buckles is whether or not they tarnish like most silver. Perhaps they are treated in some way to reduce or eliminate tarnishing. If not, I'd think that perhaps they'd be more trouble than they're worth.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One thing I've always wondered about sterling silver belt buckles is whether or not they tarnish like most silver.
Yes, they are more maintenance, as you have to polish them every once in a while or they will begin to tarnish like most silver.

caelte

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roger
One thing I've always wondered about sterling silver belt buckles is whether or not they tarnish like most silver. Perhaps they are treated in some way to reduce or eliminate tarnishing. If not, I'd think that perhaps they'd be more trouble than they're worth.

How do you deal with your shoes?

caelte

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Only works with black leather belt. No crock!
Looks very classy if not square or oversize. Elongated rectangle slightly wider than the belt is perfect. Get Tiffany.

I have one of these on a custom alligator 1" in black.
This type of buckle requires a special belt.
For the most part I think engine turned buckles are totally and utterly boring but the belt really made the look.

The belt in the photo doesn't have any tongue holes so I'm assuming it is custom.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What does "engine turned" mean in this context, if I may thread-jack for a moment?

caelte

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
What does "engine turned" mean in this context, if I may thread-jack for a moment?

Put the mouse down and back away from this thread...
smile.gif

"Engine turned", refers to the engraved lines on the buckle.
Usual way is to engrave them in a particular pattern horizontally.
Diagonally is the other way you frequently see it done but then the lines are engraved more boldly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads