• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Belt Buckle

FFW

Reaction score
Yesterday I have chosen the leather and model for my first pair of bespoke shoes. I like to have a belt that matches the leather of the shoe, the leather is not the problem but I need to have some nice buckles. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you.

quill

Reaction score
Sorry, FFW, I don't have any advice for you, but I find it strange that you didn't get any replies - because I've always heard (and I could be wrong) that men look at buckles when buying a belt. Is this true? Do any of you who are belt shopping bypass a belt, assuming you like the leather, if the buckle isn't what you'd prefer? In the meantime, FFW, you could try taking a look at this older thread: http://66.170.193.77/cgi-bin....;t=6638

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I have chosen the leather and model for my first pair of bespoke shoes. I like to have a belt that matches the leather of the shoe, the leather is not the problem but I need to have some nice buckles. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you.
Don't know if it's your cup of tea -- but you could always get a slide buckle from a place like Shoreline Engravers -- the old New England firm that one of the gents. on AAAC mentioned in a thread. A buckle like it may be seen on the Ralph Lauren site.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tiffany & Co makes sterling buckles.

Also if you desire logo, then that Hermes H.

Also vintage ones could also work such as made by Cartier, Van Cleef & Arpels, Boucheron, usually composed of solid gold or sterling.

If you so desire, then Regency era buckles can also be had however one would require a fairly wide belt to wear those.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a tiffany sterling buckle. I honestly think that this is an accessory that is prefectly acceptable to have one for your life and not change it often. I am very happy with it, it is light, and it usually doesn't cause metal detectors to ring. It is very simple and classic looking.

FFW

Reaction score
do you have a picture of it? At the website they only have one buckle for sale? I like them as simple as possible.

FFW

Reaction score
Another question regarding to a belt.
If I would have a buckle and a piece of leather.
Who can make a belt? Is it difficult to make or can any shoemaker do this. The person who makes my shoes says he wont make me a belt. Strange but true. So is it worth al the trouble? Please tell me what you think

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll see if I can post a pic later on in the week, but I think that tifanies has one simple belt buckle. since it ispretty narrow, I needed to have the belts made. there are stores that are, for want of a better word, belt stores. I have never had a realy problem finding them, they often sell a variety of non-label wallets, and cut belts to fit. That's where I have gotten belts for the buckle.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's