• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Belstaff questions - Jcrew

Uker

Reaction score
Jcrew currently has the Belstaff Roadmaster on sale, however the version they are selling is a "washed" variety. Obviously the washing is going to take the wax off the jacket. Would it be possible to buy this jacket and wax it myself to return the jacket to the quality and shine of the 600$ of the jacket?

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
theres a thread for things like this somewhere...... let me look around..............

Uker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
theres a thread for things like this somewhere...... let me look around..............

Are you done looking?

Also I searched, its not really a specific jcrew question, nor is it a specific belstaff question. So you can answer it here and then let it die.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
as in Bob Uker? or is that spelled differently?

feeling very inquisitive tonight

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uker
Are you done looking?

Also I searched, its not really a specific jcrew question, nor is it a specific belstaff question. So you can answer it here and then let it die.

nope.... still looking..........

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
which came first the belstaff or the jcrew?

noel_esq.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uker
Jcrew currently has the Belstaff Roadmaster on sale, however the version they are selling is a "washed" variety. Obviously the washing is going to take the wax off the jacket. Would it be possible to buy this jacket and wax it myself to return the jacket to the quality and shine of the 600$ of the jacket?

1282703739073.jpg

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do not like the 'washed' version of the Roadmaster. I bought a few weeks ago from Matchesfashion a purple/blue summer Roadmaster and liked it very much, so I ordered a few days ago this one in dark red.

Apparently it's the 50s vintage model from A/W 2009, basically a shorter Roadmaster, available S, M and fits TTS.
bel-w-710710-50svint_red_1.jpg

bel-w-710710-50svint_red_2.jpg

Price is £268.00 minus 25% off with code LASTCHANCE minus VAT if outside UK

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads