• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Belstaff questions - Jcrew

Uker

Reaction score
Jcrew currently has the Belstaff Roadmaster on sale, however the version they are selling is a "washed" variety. Obviously the washing is going to take the wax off the jacket. Would it be possible to buy this jacket and wax it myself to return the jacket to the quality and shine of the 600$ of the jacket?

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
theres a thread for things like this somewhere...... let me look around..............

Uker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
theres a thread for things like this somewhere...... let me look around..............

Are you done looking?

Also I searched, its not really a specific jcrew question, nor is it a specific belstaff question. So you can answer it here and then let it die.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
as in Bob Uker? or is that spelled differently?

feeling very inquisitive tonight

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uker
Are you done looking?

Also I searched, its not really a specific jcrew question, nor is it a specific belstaff question. So you can answer it here and then let it die.

nope.... still looking..........

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
which came first the belstaff or the jcrew?

noel_esq.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uker
Jcrew currently has the Belstaff Roadmaster on sale, however the version they are selling is a "washed" variety. Obviously the washing is going to take the wax off the jacket. Would it be possible to buy this jacket and wax it myself to return the jacket to the quality and shine of the 600$ of the jacket?

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do not like the 'washed' version of the Roadmaster. I bought a few weeks ago from Matchesfashion a purple/blue summer Roadmaster and liked it very much, so I ordered a few days ago this one in dark red.

Apparently it's the 50s vintage model from A/W 2009, basically a shorter Roadmaster, available S, M and fits TTS.

Price is £268.00 minus 25% off with code LASTCHANCE minus VAT if outside UK

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.