• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Belstaff Forum

robxznyc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks @robxznyc , looks like the pics resolution is too low, I will try to take some new pics and repost them.
Belstaff Gangster jacket has elasticated side panels. Yours doesn't appear to have those so it's a Cougar jacket.

Reaction score
Belstaff Gangster jacket has elasticated side panels. Yours doesn't appear to have those so it's a Cougar jacket.
Indeed it has the elasticated sides, sorry that you don't see in the previous pictures, now you can see a bit of it.

The owner sold it to me as a Cougar and I was thinking what a pity it is not a Gangster. When it arrived I saw the elastics and thought "maybe they make now Cougars like this or what"...anyway a funny confusion, bought a jacket thinking it was another thing and got lucky: it's a gangster ;)

20200722_083827.jpg
20200722_083909.jpg

DoctorDisco

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me if this jacket looks authentic? And if so possible age or model?

EC7CBCDD-5CAF-4A6F-8E9D-D2A1FE14F284.jpeg
89FD396C-D8E9-44C8-8595-896B186C66DD.jpeg
FB567E92-E340-41D5-B523-602CBA3F0195.jpeg

Longsider

Reaction score
Where are Belstaff currently making jackets? I've seen a few Racemaster jackets that carry a Made in Vietnam tag. Pretty sure they are genuine. The quality on the finish looks very good. Anyone got back Vietnam made Belstaff or know anything about them.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Indeed it has the elasticated sides, sorry that you don't see in the previous pictures, now you can see a bit of it.

The owner sold it to me as a Cougar and I was thinking what a pity it is not a Gangster. When it arrived I saw the elastics and thought "maybe they make now Cougars like this or what"...anyway a funny confusion, bought a jacket thinking it was another thing and got lucky: it's a gangster ;)

View attachment 1428473View attachment 1428475
Very nice jacket. Love the color in particular.

Losgunn

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a zip-in/zip-out Belstaff jacket liner? I just purchased this jacket second-hand, not sure the exact make of it, but the removable liner was missing. It's a zip-in/zip-out style liner, and I can't find one anywhere. I did get a great deal on a full-sleeved quilted liner, but it's a snap-in style, and this... has no snaps, unfortunately.

Honestly, I'm not particular if it's even a Belstaff brand zip-in liner, as long as it fits.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently picked up a vintage Belstaff Roadmaster II. Does anyone know anything about this particular model? It supposedly dates from the 70s, but I’ve also read that Belstaff didn’t introduce the Roadmaster until the 80s.

there really is not much reliable historical information out there about Belstaff compared to Barbour.

Losgunn

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a zip-in/zip-out Belstaff jacket liner? I just purchased this jacket second-hand, not sure the exact make of it, but the removable liner was missing. It's a zip-in/zip-out style liner, and I can't find one anywhere. I did get a great deal on a full-sleeved quilted liner, but it's a snap-in style, and this... has no snaps, unfortunately.

Honestly, I'm not particular if it's even a Belstaff brand zip-in liner, as long as it fits.

View attachment 1542886
Update: I'm thinking this is a Roadmaster of some sort, because it has zippered pockets at the shoulders and elbows with soft armour. No Roadmaster branding, and the interior care tag shows it was made in Italy, so this is after 1990. It has a high-visibility stripe on the back of the collar, and a zip-in style liner, which is missing and I want to replace. How can I go about that?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite knitwear under jackets/sport coats

• Crewneck sweater

• Turtleneck sweater

• Long-sleeve polo

• Vest

• I don't like knitwear worn with jackets/sport coats

Results are only viewable after voting.