• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Belstaff (aka Paging AHarris)

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the world on Belstaff? I don' t know much about them other than it's a fairly well established company and that AHarris wears a new one every day.

I've been browsing the website and seeing stuff I like a lot but I have no idea on pricing. I'm just looking for a nice, durable piece of outerwear that will keep me warm. It never gets too harsh in the Northwest but every now and then it can get pretty cold and I'm tired of lugging around an oversized bulky puffer jacket for warmth.

So what's the general consensus? Sizing? Trim, I'd imagine? Since it's heavy outerwear, I imagine that even a S would be fine with me. Durable? I need something to withstand rain and wind and keep me warm.

Just some jackets I've been looking at. However it shows that there are many, many colors but don't give examples of any. Where can I purchase/look at some in person or at least online?

Something along these lines.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Seattle Barney's had a couple Belstaffs last time I was there (day after xmas).
I've seen them at Mario's too but that was a couple years ago.

gawkrodger

Reaction score
I 'm a big Belstaff fan - Hell, I had 9 of their jackets uuntil i culled my collection somewhat a few months ago.

There are a bunch of threads on here which should help answer your questions

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Lol, I'm wearing my Panther today. Belstaff is a rather old British motorcycle clothing company that was bought out by Italians a few years back and turned into a global fashion brand. They aren't quite the insider favorite they used to be, but they can still be pretty cool jackets if you buy the right one. People love to dis the quality of the current Italian made jackets vs. the older British made ones, but I own several of both and IMO they aren't that much different. Stitching and materials is a little better on the new ones vs. some vintage (70's era jackets especially) though the modern zippers aren't as good. Current or vintage they are very durable jackets and will hold up well to frequent wear. Pricing is astronomical compared to the UK era (appx. $700 - $1800 range) though not really that high compared to other fashion or high end outerwear. You're in luck if you like the jackets you linked because it is fairly easy to get something very similar on ebay for cheap-ish ($200-$400.) In black nylon look for the XL-500 jackets. You might want to size down one on those because they are cut to fit over a quilted vest. They are water and windproof and have a light quilted/insulated cotton lining. Watch out for the reflective belts some of them have though. Another good option is a version RLPL did recently in a heavy cotton/poly blend twill. It was the version with the square edged pockets (there is another with rounded Barbour-style pockets that I don't like as much.) I've seen them go pretty cheap on ebay. If don't mind the waxed cotton versions then you have a lot more options - search ebay for Trialmaster jackets.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How disheartening, I didn't know that it was acquired by an Italian brand. I thought that it was along the lines of Aero and such and I imagined the retail would be 3-600 for non-leather jackets. Not for me, not for now, maybe somewhere later down the line though.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The waxed cotton jackets intended for actual riding do go for about 500 from Holden.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barneys SF had a full size run of oiled/waxed cotton newer Italian made Trialmasters for 600.. I really liked the one I tried on, and didn't find anything wrong on it in terms of quality or construction.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads