• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Belgian Loafers?

leapyourbar

Reaction score
I have a few pairs of Yanko Belgians. Even at the same size, they all fit a bit differently. The first pair of the deerskin leather were too loose and had to be returned. The second pair was better, but it’s still on the looser side of my three. The other two pairs are suede for reference and fit snuggly. I won’t comment on sizing choice, as my feet and loafers have a strange relationship.

With that said, I enjoy these things. Had one pair for a couple years, now. The other two were purchased earlier, this year. Still breaking in the new ones, to an extent. But, the OGs are super comfortable and holding up well. Would recommend, especially at this price point. Will probably grab the opera pumps, when the need is there.

All three pairs of my Belgians fit quite noticeably different, fwiw (suede, lizard calf, regular calf).

TN001

Reaction score
It's funny, I never thought about wearing Belgians as a more structured shoe, as the whole point seems to be the slipper feel. I guess if you want a more substantial shoe, it makes a lot of sense. Something that hasn't been mentioned (at least that I saw), is adding the full rubber sole cover to the originals. That way, you get the slipper feel but with a sole that can do tougher duty. This way, the upper will pull away from the sole before the actual leather sole wears out.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All three pairs of my Belgians fit quite noticeably different, fwiw (suede, lizard calf, regular calf).
when i tried the originals i needed a narrow in suede but medium in calf. The suede is so much softer you need it to be a bit more snug.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back from a six day vacation. I wore my Amazon felgians everyday. They are the perfect blend of casual and dressy.

99432536-2B12-46C5-994C-7A0BDF1D6AB8.jpeg

F8E901B7-7498-4BE3-A272-6CB08C4DB1E9.jpeg

A2281B99-F97C-4498-A92C-1E1E476BD17F.jpeg

I usually wear a 10.5, but ordered a 10. After several wears, that was the right choice. They have stretched out a bit. I’m not crazy about wearing them sock less so I bought some low rise no show socks from Bombas. They are reasonably comfortable. Not the best arch support, but my feet didn’t hurt at the end of the day.

A word of warning. I sprayed some waterproofing on the shoes and it slightly discolored the bow. It’s not that noticeable, but you can tell if you look close.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back from a six day vacation. I wore my Amazon felgians everyday. They are the perfect blend of casual and dressy.

View attachment 1828085
View attachment 1828086
View attachment 1828084

I usually wear a 10.5, but ordered a 10. After several wears, that was the right choice. They have stretched out a bit. I’m not crazy about wearing them sock less so I bought some low rise no show socks from Bombas. They are reasonably comfortable. Not the best arch support, but my feet didn’t hurt at the end of the day.

A word of warning. I sprayed some waterproofing on the shoes and it slightly discolored the bow. It’s not that noticeable, but you can tell if you look close.

Where'd you guys vacation? Looking very sharp, indeed.

leapyourbar

Reaction score
hey, be nice! I work in Detroit lol. I am Canadian, however -- make the commute every day. Detroit has some cool stuff. The development of the downtown is a bit schizophrenic -- we have a Shake Shack, Mister Dips, and Calexico, and not a Chipotle or any similar-situated major chain. Although I unequivocally prefer the former, it strikes me as odd that the major players don't deem it worthy to have any presence downtown.

I wish the opportunity would have come up for you to mention it, as I have some top-tier recs for food...we have about five restaurants that are god-level, and it's a steep drop off after that.

We have absolutely ZERO options for clothes, however -- particularly classic menswear. Like, not a SINGLE viable option. It is a tragedy.

Edit: OH, and the "Felgians" look good. You could have fooled me. I would have certainly stopped you to compare kicks lol. I am more often than not in one of my three pairs on any given day.

TN001

Reaction score
hey, be nice! I work in Detroit lol. I am Canadian, however -- make the commute every day. Detroit has some cool stuff. The development of the downtown is a bit schizophrenic -- we have a Shake Shack, Mister Dips, and Calexico, and not a Chipotle or any similar-situated major chain. Although I unequivocally prefer the former, it strikes me as odd that the major players don't deem it worthy to have any presence downtown.

I wish the opportunity would have come up for you to mention it, as I have some top-tier recs for food...we have about five restaurants that are god-level, and it's a steep drop off after that.

We have absolutely ZERO options for clothes, however -- particularly classic menswear. Like, not a SINGLE viable option. It is a tragedy.

Edit: OH, and the "Felgians" look good. You could have fooled me. I would have certainly stopped you to compare kicks lol. I am more often than not in one of my three pairs on any given day.

I don’t know about “god level”, we have a handful of fairly consistent places that do interesting things (I went to Bar Pigalle and Mink last night and both were ok to good as usual), but it’s weird that we don’t have a single fine dining establishment in the greater metropolitan area.
Speaking of Canada, it’s nice to be able to jump back over and visit you guys a bit more casually these days. I spent the day in Windsor Sunday (which isn’t as much fun as it used to be). I’d appreciate some food recs there, as it’s been years since I was a regular.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When my kid brother married 9 years ago, he and his then-fiancé were deciding where to live. At first, they moved in near me in an NYC suburb but the case for Detroit was strong:

Here, a 4 bedroom split-level home built sometime in the 70's.
There, a 6 bedroom McMansion with a Ferrari, for the same price.

TN001

Reaction score
The real Belgian Shoes just put a cool little video of their manufacturing facility on their Instagram feed. It’s interesting although they do not show the “flip out” after hand sewing the interior that happens to the original models (Belgian Shoes; soft bottom Mr. Casuals).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads