• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Belgian Loafers?

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did you try the Yanko's? $166. I wore my pair walking all around Florence and they did great.
Literally? We were discussing this an hour ago.

I have! Definitely on my radar. Great price. A few people in the thread have mentioned them. What did you do for sizing? A whole size up?

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have! Definitely on my radar. Great price. A few people in the thread have mentioned them. What did you do for sizing? A whole size up?
Yes ended up a full size up, which was a huge surprise (never in my life has a dress shoe that says I have to size up or down from my normal size ever been accurate for my feet). They fit a bit loose but don't have heel slip so it took some getting used to. I think if I'd have spent $550 for them I'd not have kept them. But at $166 they felt wearable. I've worn them a half dozen times, from a wedding to Pitti and in my normal day to day life and they haven't stretched and created new heel slip (which was my worry). I tried multiple colors/varieties and one of them fit better in the same size as the ones I ended up keeping, so may be a QA issue, who knows.
I do plan to put some suede protector on them; I never ever do that with suede and it isn't an issue, but these got some water spots on them from walking in rainy conditions, and my normal suede eraser that takes care of that kind of thing actually rubbed off some of the coloring. Not enough to discolor the shoes themselves that first time but not something I'll repeat.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On the counter, they should matter the most the most to the wearer. If the OP admits that they are a poor quality imitation of the real thing, they don’t sound like a satisfactory purchase that will be appreciated by the buyer in the long run.

I know that real Belgians are 10x the cost, but look at it this way: instead of buying the knock offs, you could have been 10% on the way to investing in the superior shoe. Take it slow, save up, and invest is advice I’d wish I’d gotten myself.
Bro. It's a $50 purchase vs a $500 one. GTFO with this long run idea. I've worn mine 3x a week since I bought them. They've more than exceeded their value ffs.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And on a site dedicate to peacocking and getting social approval for our clothes/purchases, the Amazons are literally the only shoes I've been stopped multiple times by people who want to compliment my shoes. GTFO that you wouldn't cream your pants for a pair of shoes that had that effect on people instead of holding out on pretention for better quality materials and construction. (And FWIW I have plenty of shoes that fit that bill, too and will probably get a pair from Belgian Shoes soon).

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And on a site dedicate to peacocking and getting social approval for our clothes/purchases, the Amazons are literally the only shoes I've been stopped multiple times by people who want to compliment my shoes. GTFO that you wouldn't cream your pants for a pair of shoes that had that effect on people instead of holding out on pretention for better quality materials and construction. (And FWIW I have plenty of shoes that fit that bill, too and will probably get a pair from Belgian Shoes soon).
The point of this post is to dicuss the different manufacturers out there, and this is doing it.

Still, you should try the Belgians out. They really are the most comfortable shoes I've ever had, probably because they're slippers.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The point of this post is to dicuss the different manufacturers out there, and this is doing it.

Still, you should try the Belgians out. They really are the most comfortable shoes I've ever had, probably because they're slippers.
Yeah I was super impressed with the Belgians. They just didn't have my size available and I was spending enough money that weekend.

cr2596

Reaction score
I have a few pairs of Yanko Belgians. Even at the same size, they all fit a bit differently. The first pair of the deerskin leather were too loose and had to be returned. The second pair was better, but it’s still on the looser side of my three. The other two pairs are suede for reference and fit snuggly. I won’t comment on sizing choice, as my feet and loafers have a strange relationship.

With that said, I enjoy these things. Had one pair for a couple years, now. The other two were purchased earlier, this year. Still breaking in the new ones, to an extent. But, the OGs are super comfortable and holding up well. Would recommend, especially at this price point. Will probably grab the opera pumps, when the need is there.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a few pairs of Yanko Belgians. Even at the same size, they all fit a bit differently. The first pair of the deerskin leather were too loose and had to be returned. The second pair was better, but it’s still on the looser side of my three. The other two pairs are suede for reference and fit snuggly. I won’t comment on sizing choice, as my feet and loafers have a strange relationship.

With that said, I enjoy these things. Had one pair for a couple years, now. The other two were purchased earlier, this year. Still breaking in the new ones, to an extent. But, the OGs are super comfortable and holding up well. Would recommend, especially at this price point. Will probably grab the opera pumps, when the need is there.
Good to hear! I want the saddle suede and then could see myself doing one of the comfort rubber sole pairs after that

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads