• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Belgian Loafers?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of normal black ones - they look like yours.
I also have a pair of kudu suede unlined ones. I'm waiting on the right insole inserts to arrive since they're just too big.

These ended up never working for me. AFPOS refunded me a small percentage of the purchase price (to their credit, nearly a YEAR after I took delivery) and said "good luck - hope you can find a heel cuppage system that will stop the slipping".

Not sure what to do with that, since the black lined pair fit nicely.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yanko via Skolyx 1 full size up from my regular size
D514D768-EA9C-4B3F-A3AF-BB73F5544523.jpeg

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you.

Just saw this.

How is the sizing? They run true to size/small/large?

What about stretching? Leather lined?

-
TTS and they are $50 shoes from China. They get the job done. I will say I've had multiple people stop me and ask where I got them.

leapyourbar

Reaction score
I have three pair of Belgian Shoes (Mr Casual) purchased from the NYC location, and they're probably my favorite thing that I own. I really like the Baudoin's too, but I don't think I could get a pair over Belgians.

EDIT: I have also wore them pretty much every other day this year, and I don't find that they're too "slipper-ish" for normal wear. I walk a ton too. I am a lawyer with a laid-back dress code, so there is that. Probably wouldn't wear them outside of casual Fridays at the last firm I worked.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On that note: I will also be stopping the Belgian Loafer store in NYC this weekend.
No photos allowed inside. They didnt have the style i wanted in my size. They can back order them but i was warned it can take a year or more for backorders. They have customers who just buy whatever is in their size because of that.

nsgmd

Reaction score
No photos allowed inside. They didnt have the style i wanted in my size. They can back order them but i was warned it can take a year or more for backorders. They have customers who just buy whatever is in their size because of that.

How do the Amazon brand compare with Mr Casual? Are they faithful replicas?

Stilig

Reaction score

I have one pair of Mr Casuals that I bought in the store in NY. Since I‘m at most in NY a couple of times per year I’ve looked for options where I live in Europe. I’ve never been able to find another example that comes close to the look and feel of the original.

What all other brands than the original seem to miss is the sole construction and last shape. The Mr Casual sole is done in this weird slipper like construction and not like a regular shoe at all. I personally think that makes all the difference. It gives them a nice louche vibe that I don’t find with the the B&L, Rubinacci, etc. The round last of the Mr C looks nicer than the pointy almond toes as well, in my mind.

To each their own and all, but this is one of few cases where I think the original is the only way to go. But if you find a more affordable option let me know. 600 bucks is outrageous for a pair of slippers.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bro, they are 1/10th the price with free returns. They are good shoes. People on the street will stop you when you wear them. They are like $50. You're overthinking this. I want a pair from BL too, but the Amazon ones aren't worth this much deliberation just order a pair

leapyourbar

Reaction score
I'm going to be in NYC in the Fall. I will give the Mr Casual a try.

You won't be disappointed! The new ownership is awesome -- dealing with the old regime is a bit of a rite of passage, so to speak, but they were pretty useless. Tell Amber that Ollie and I say hi:

Ollie.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Gus

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads