• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors.They are a hand crafted, made to order leather goods family company. Their products have unique designs with a aesthetic that blend minimalism, tradition and functionality. Focused on sustainability they offer a lifetime warranty on every piece.

Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Belgian Loafers?

emptym

Reaction score

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These look pretty good on Etsy: View attachment 1837822
Seems like they can customize the size and prob color.
I once had a pair that *looked* like these from Meermin - they were unlined, in shell cordovan and looked the same.

Also, I ordered a pair of slippers like these from Morocco once. The sizing was weird. It was too expensive to send them back so I just wore them but my big toe on my left foot was crunched up against the inner wall of the shoe and while I liked the slippers, they were never comfortable enough for me to really wear them.

YMMV, but Morocco can be a gamble.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bruh this is SF. You gotta have mindless consumerism every day or you are wasting your life.
I won't tell you how many times I walk by Alden on Madison, Brooks Brothers off Madison, Paul Stuart on Madison and Carmina on...45th?

sargeinaz

Reaction score
Just wore my Amazon Belgians for the first time today to a wedding. Love them so far. Honestly, they feel nicer than $65. If they hold up even decently I’ll be buying a black pair as well. Thanks to Styleforum for the assist.

Last edited:

kylepw

Reaction score
Any experiences with leather vs rubber sole on Belgians loafers? I'm thinking of getting a pair of B&L Sagan's. I like the "look"/"feel" of leather but it seems their sole is rather thin and can't be resoled.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any experiences with leather vs rubber sole on Belgians loafers? I'm thinking of getting a pair of B&L Sagan's. I like the "look"/"feel" of leather but it seems their sole is rather thin and can't be resoled.
The Belgians come with indoor leather soles which are intended to have rubber topys installed for outdoor use.

kylepw

Reaction score
The Belgians come with indoor leather soles which are intended to have rubber topys installed for outdoor use.
I assumed that the "rubber grip" option in the site comes with a rubber sole already installed. But you're saying that's not the case?

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I assumed that the "rubber grip" option in the site comes with a rubber sole already installed. But you're saying that's not the case?
Ah so they charge you an extra $100 or so? If so then yes, it's likely just a topy already glued on.

But then recommend wearing the shoes for a while before gluing the topy on so don't take my word for it.

Dalaruan

Reaction score
Better find a reputable cobbler to put on topy instead of their stock option
I find the stock option rubber sole expensive and also poor quality, wearing off quite quickly
The one by cobbler lasts much longer and is cheaper, the only downside probs is that is takes a bit longer than getting stock model

Featured Sponsor

What do you normally wear on Mondays at work?

• Suit, shirt, and tie

• Suit and shirt, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, no tie or jacket

• Casual trousers and shirt (polo, t-shirt, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brandonscottherrell