• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Being well dressed VS having an ugly body..

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
100%. Hence, the existence of Styleforum!
rimshot.gif

Matt S

Reaction score
Well tailored clothing can do quite a bit. Alfred Hitchcock looked somewhat decent in a suit, but I can't imagine how terrible he must have looked in a t-shirt and shorts.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
No amount of swanky clobber can cover up if you're a fattie or a short arse. You'll just become, like Hitchcock - a well dressed fat shortarse. All this bollocks about wearing pin stripes to elongate you sounds fine when you're reading a book about it but when I meet you and could easily balance a pint pot on your pate those stripes aren't gonna do much good.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A lot.

OttoSkadelig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt S
Well tailored clothing can do quite a bit.

Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
A lot.

all true.

that said, getting in shape is one of the most underrated techniques for getting a good fit.

junior varsity

Reaction score
I think the overwhelming majority of ugly or fat people dont have the confidence to pull off nice clothes...

but if you are fat, lose the damn weight. its not hard.
i gained 15lbs of fat and muscle during my bulk stage and i shed 10lbs of garbage weight in 2 weeks during my cut phase.
now i am 150lbs @ 5'7 with 11% bodyfat

so just to tell you how much you can lose weight. 10lbs in 2 weeks.

Jerome

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well tailored clothing can do quite a bit. Alfred Hitchcock looked somewhat decent in a suit, but I can't imagine how terrible he must have looked in a t-shirt and shorts.
In this connection I'm always thinking of a later W.Churchill. (a suspender-enthusiast, I also would not like to imagine how he would have looked in a belt or a t-shirt and dungarees).

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by junior varsity
I think the overwhelming majority of ugly or fat people dont have the confidence to pull off nice clothes...

i gained 15lbs of fat and muscle during my bulk stage and i shed 10lbs of garbage weight in 2 weeks during my cut phase.

Lol, that's ridiculous. Losing weight if effing hard. It can absolutely be done, but for most people it is a lot of working out and a lot less eating. Please let us know if you still are able to make such drastic changes in your body composition after you graduate high school.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In my opinion it can only compensate so much. But to be honest ... the people who see me in my clothing are not the people with the opinions that matter.

Kei-bon

Reaction score

age is an important variable in this equation, i think, JV.

Joe Cool

Reaction score

This is the kind of hard hitting insightful information that should be in a TV informercial, be sure to feature plenty of hot chicks. You'll make millions.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joe Cool
This is the kind of hard hitting insightful information that should be in a TV informercial, be sure to feature plenty of hot chicks. You'll make millions.

+1
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

-LR

soxpats

Reaction score

What an stupid comment. Think before you post.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads