• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Being broke sucks.

mehhhh

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there. The more I browse this site and read consumer oriented men's magazines, the shittier I feel about my income level.

I'll qualify this by saying that I'm a full time student from a lower middle class background working either 15 or 20 hours a week as a delivery driver. I'm not saying I'm so materialistic that I base my self worth around having money and objects. I'm just saying it would be nice if I didn't have to shop almost exclusively at thrift and consignment stores. I'm saying that it sucks to walk out of a restaurant on a date and see my wrecked, bird **** covered, headliner sagging 1997 Buick Lesabre with 175k miles in that awful gold/silver combi-color that looks like an old white woman's attempt at dying her white hair blond.

If I wanted to I could crack into my student loans and buy some stuff but that just seems like I'd have my priorities misplaced.

I'm just pumped on graduating and getting a real job.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
youre a student.....thats how it is. Im FAR from being well off, but once youre out of school a full time job is "good for what ails you"
As for me, i dont walk out of a restaurant and see my ****** car outside, because i dont eat out....too poor. hahahaha.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Start hustling now, cuz it sucks out there.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've been there, as have a number of regulars. Keep your grades up, graduate, and then let nothing stop you in terms of climbing the ladder. Good luck.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
I've been there, as have a number of regulars. Keep your grades up, graduate, and then let nothing stop you in terms of climbing the ladder. Good luck.

allow me to translate "let nothing stop you".....start kissing ass and suckin some penor.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mehhhh
Just throwing this out there. The more I browse this site and read consumer oriented men's magazines, the shittier I feel about my income level.

I'll qualify this by saying that I'm a full time student from a lower middle class background working either 15 or 20 hours a week as a delivery driver. I'm not saying I'm so materialistic that I base my self worth around having money and objects. I'm just saying it would be nice if I didn't have to shop almost exclusively at thrift and consignment stores. I'm saying that it sucks to walk out of a restaurant on a date and see my wrecked, bird **** covered, headliner sagging 1997 Buick Lesabre with 175k miles in that awful gold/silver combi-color that looks like an old white woman's attempt at dying her white hair blond.

If I wanted to I could crack into my student loans and buy some stuff but that just seems like I'd have my priorities misplaced.

Originally Posted by DerekS
youre a student.....thats how it is. Im FAR from being well off, but once youre out of school a full time job is "good for what ails you"
As for me, i dont walk out of a restaurant and see my ****** car outside, because i dont eat out....too poor. hahahaha.

you both will make it. youll get there. just keep pressing and seeing your situation and that you dont like it and do the right thing (not the wrong thing).

i was once living out of a room in a house shared by multiple people and i had to look through cupboards to see if i can find a can of spam or anything to eat at times. ive been there. all my money (whatever little i made back then) was being paid for the piece of crap car i had bought from a friend and rent and some several creditors i had to pay off.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS
allow me to translate "let nothing stop you".....start kissing ass and suckin some penor.

I thought that was common knowledge around here.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I hope your major doesn't suck.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
I thought that was common knowledge around here.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

mehhhh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
I hope your major doesn't suck.

Psychology. They wouldn't let me into business school because my GPA was somewhere in the 2.6 range when I switched over from music. Thinking of getting into sales or marketing when I get out, or going back to school for music to be a producer/engineer.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Small timer alert!!!!!

Gihad

Reaction score
or going back to school for music to be a producer/engineer.
What school are you looking into?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics