• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Being broke sucks.

tesseract

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deadly7
what the **** kidn of school do you go to where you have school two days out of the week? and what major are you?

accounting at nyit and i make my schedule as soon as i can to get it all out of the way.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
Think of it this way - do you believe that anyone's $5k suit (I don't even know a brand to throw on that), $350 KMW belt, $1000 boots, etc. makes them feel like a better or more fulfilled person?

Yes, or they wouldn't buy it...

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about anything until you get that GPA up, talk to your adviser: many schools allow student's to retake up to 4 courses during their undergrad.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
I was pretty similar for a couple of my semesters. Did a management degree that totalled like 15 or 16 hrs in class a week, used to load them into as few days as possible so I could work.

Weird. Most students I know don't get that luxury (eg: their uni only offers the class on XYZ days). I've never, until now, met someone that could load like that.

After getting laid off from the company I worked five years for, I decided to go back and get my undergrad finished. I'm not currently working but loaded up as well to make myself more available. I go to school Tuesday from 8:30 AM to 5:15 PM and Thursday from 8:30 AM to 9:45 PM.

mehhhh

Reaction score
I wonder why I'm not motivated. I just get distracted and bored of everything so easily. I'm the kind of guy who is always bouncing from one thing to the next and never really finishing anything up. I have a whole mountain of unfinished projects laying around taking up space. I can get super motivated to start a project but I'm not a good finisher. I always seem to get stuck somewhere in the middle and move on to the next thing.

I'm definitely going to get registered as soon as classes come open this semester so that I can try to make myself available for some weekdays. I'd like to try to get some sort of secretary or data entry job or paid internship to get my foot in the door somewhere. Right now I have class all day on the weekdays which restricts me to my lowly foodservice position.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Weird. Most students I know don't get that luxury (eg: their uni only offers the class on XYZ days). I've never, until now, met someone that could load like that.

My school could work like this...

Classes most classes followed one of three schedules (with the occasional one day several hour class): Mon-Wed-Fri, Mon-Wed, Tues-Thurs.

Obviously some classes were only offered once...but most quarters you could build up a schedule that was only 2-3 days a week if you really wanted. Not having class on friday was a popular option...but with planning, you could get everything on the same schedule. My friend's company offered internships during the year where they would take some MWF interns and some TTh for full-day early morning to 5:00...

I wouldn't suggest it if you aren't working though...the quarter that I had no TTh classes kind of sucked (it was my first year before I started working...otherwise I would have just scheduled work) since it is too easy to slack off and let **** pile up.

mintyfresh

Reaction score
Put your head down and GO STUDY.
facepalm.gif
Return to sf when you start work.
bigstar[1].gif

alvinkim14

Reaction score
it sure does suck
but so does getting a job
especially the ones you get right out of college (if you are fortunate enough to find one)
one word: entrepreneurship!

ashpool

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mehhhh
I wonder why I'm not motivated. I just get distracted and bored of everything so easily. I'm the kind of guy who is always bouncing from one thing to the next and never really finishing anything up. I have a whole mountain of unfinished projects laying around taking up space. I can get super motivated to start a project but I'm not a good finisher. I always seem to get stuck somewhere in the middle and move on to the next thing.

I'm definitely going to get registered as soon as classes come open this semester so that I can try to make myself available for some weekdays. I'd like to try to get some sort of secretary or data entry job or paid internship to get my foot in the door somewhere. Right now I have class all day on the weekdays which restricts me to my lowly foodservice position.

Read the Compound Effect.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Staff online

Forum statistics