• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beige sweaters question. Does anyone here wear beige sweaters and does it look creepy?

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
ok, i will check out some of the other sites you listed, those prices you listed are much more reasonable...

(and for what it is worth, one of the first pants i clicked on while on the informale site was that much (~$400) so that is where i got the number from, i was quite surprised and made a post about it (or it could have been the middle of the night and my mind wasn't fully up yet and typed out the wrong number... ??).)

No, they may have been that much. But still, that's in AUD not USD (Australian brand).

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the by, $400 isn't even particularly much for a good pair of trousers. I have khakis that cost more than that (do I even wear khakis?).

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
By the by, $400 isn't even particularly much for a good pair of trousers. I have khakis that cost more than that (do I even wear khakis?).

Nope. It's a lot. I know that you can get trousers for more, and the more expensive ones might be better in this way or that. Fine. But let's not pretend that $400 isn't a lot of money for trousers, even good ones. Maybe it's not a lot of money for great ones, but there is no need to push people into thinking that $400 is the norm, or that you need $400+ pants to dress well. I hear people complain a lot on here that not enough people dress nicely and that classic menswear is dying. Maybe that is because we act like $400 for a pair of pants is normal. You saw this above with the OP. The idea of $400 pants was a complete nonstarter, a complete turn-off. No quicker way to turn someone away from menswear than making it inaccessible. If you want to appreciate $400+ pants, that's fine. I appreciate them too. But let's not act like $400 isn't a lot to spend on pants. If you told a random person on the street how much your pants cost, he would look at you like you were a crazy person.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nope. It's a lot. I know that you can get trousers for more, and the more expensive ones might be better in this way or that. Fine. But let's not pretend that $400 isn't a lot of money for trousers, even good ones. Maybe it's not a lot of money for great ones, but there is no need to push people into thinking that $400 is the norm, or that you need $400+ pants to dress well. I hear people complain a lot on here that not enough people dress nicely and that classic menswear is dying. Maybe that is because we act like $400 for a pair of pants is normal. You saw this above with the OP. The idea of $400 pants was a complete nonstarter, a complete turn-off. No quicker way to turn someone away from menswear than making it inaccessible. If you want to appreciate $400+ pants, that's fine. I appreciate them too. But let's not act like $400 isn't a lot to spend on pants. If you told a random person on the street how much your pants cost, he would look at you like you were a crazy person.

wkt

Reaction score
$1000 pants are the new $400 pants.

the rich got a pandemic raise, so everyone else can't afford to keep up with the jones anymore.

(this actually happened before 12 years ago, prices of luxury clothes had to go up because the middle class got decimated and clothing makers can't rely on volume to make ends meet so they raised prices and relied on a higher profit margin with less volume, it was a win for the rich because suddenly what they were buying was more exclusive as "poor" people can't afford to wear the same clothes as them anymore)

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
the rich got a pandemic raise, so everyone else can't afford to keep up with the jones anymore.

(this actually happened before 12 years ago, prices of luxury clothes had to go up because the middle class got decimated and clothing makers can't rely on volume to make ends meet so they raised prices and relied on a higher profit margin with less volume, it was a win for the rich because suddenly what they were buying was more exclusive as "poor" people can't afford to wear the same clothes as them anymore)

Margiela makes half trousers, which are a little cheaper

46384873tc_14_r.jpg

wkt

Reaction score
those look ridiculous, i would ask for a wear pic, but then i won't like what i might see... and for curiosity's sake, how much are those? i bet they are overpriced too.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
those look ridiculous, i would ask for a wear pic, but then i won't like what i might see... and for curiosity's sake, how much are those? i bet they are overpriced too.

They are half off.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

do you have a question embedded in any of your posts?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I kinda miss when Reevovling used to post questions like these and the thread would be a series of funny jokes. Now it's all serious. :(

wkt

Reaction score
They are half off.

quite literally i see

(a cool story, i was in the local park downtown today, lining up for free food, and i overheard a guy behind me talking to another guy, who was wearing a skirt, this is for real, so it got heated and the guy with the skirt went up to the organizer (who was a large man) and he came over and started talking to the guy who was talking **** and threatened to kick his ass if he didn't stop harassing the skirt guy. so i guess if you are gay you really shouldn't show it in public, so i highly recommend no one wears these pants outside, unless you are looking for a fight)

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
quite literally i see

(a cool story, i was in the local park downtown today, lining up for free food, and i overheard a guy behind me talking to another guy, who was wearing a skirt, this is for real, so it got heated and the guy with the skirt went up to the organizer (who was a large man) and he came over and started talking to the guy who was talking **** and threatened to kick his ass if he didn't stop harassing the skirt guy. so i guess if you are gay you really shouldn't show it in public, so i highly recommend no one wears these pants outside, unless you are looking for a fight)

But pants are just two skirts for each of your legs :/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics