• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beige sweaters question. Does anyone here wear beige sweaters and does it look creepy?

wkt

Reaction score
I dont wear chinos so i dont have an opinion on them, i find pants and jeans these days have a ridiculously too low of a rise (why is that? dont guys need the room?) and i dont like to wear my pants below the waist, so i just wear sweatpants.

Last edited:

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wkt

Reaction score
oh right, i forgot, this is the menswear section of the website, i bet you guys dont wear sweatpants, how snooty of you all ?, but i assure you my sweatpants are slim-fit and quite stylish.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh right, i forgot, this is the menswear section of the website, i bet you guys dont wear sweatpants, how snooty of you all ?, but i assure you my sweatpants are slim-fit and quite stylish.

at home? Sure. In public? No...why? You don’t seem clever enough to be a troll so I’ll just chalk it up to being somewhat clueless. You were under the impression a beige sweater was creepy, but you see nothing unusual about wearing sweatpants when other than exercising. In fact, if one reads your post accurately, you wear sweatpants to the exclusion of anything else.

wkt

Reaction score
ok, then what pants do you normally wear then? jeans? chinos?

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me it's jeans and wool trousers. Linen/other light fabrics in the summer.

There's no need to wear tailored clothing every day, but there are certainly better and more classic options than sweatpants.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whatever you call it, beige, tan, oatmeal I've got one and wear it at least once a week. Most versatile color under a variety of outerwear. Looks best under olive and brown and pretty good under navy. Also looks good under a bright yellow rain jacket. Can't really say that to be true for navy and other dark colors.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
I dont wear chinos so i dont have an opinion on them, i find pants and jeans these days have a ridiculously too low of a rise (why is that? dont guys need the room?) and i dont like to wear my pants below the waist, so i just wear sweatpants.

There are many places you can get a decent rise these days. May cost a little more, but that's what most people on this forum wear. Rota (Michael Jondral typically has some good end of season deals on the more casual stuff), Natalino, Yeossal, Hertling, Spier and Mackay, Luxire, Drake's, traditional American clothiers (e.g. J. Press, O'Connell's, Andover Shop, Ben Silver), Cordings, Bill's Khakis (no clue if they are what they once were), Chad Prom, Informale (esp. if you like that sweatpants look), Ring Jacket, Pommella, Berg & Berg, and many, many more. Most of these are popular with people on this forum. You can also check forum sponsors like the Armoury, Cavour, and No Man Walks Alone for more options. I don't have experience with most of these options, but have heard mostly good things.

wkt

Reaction score
i checked out one of the sites you mentioned, informale, and yikes i wasnt expecting to see $400 pants, so how much annual income should one make in order to reasonably afford $400 pants and how many pairs would you have?

Last edited:

JJ Katz

Reaction score
i checked out one of the sites you mentioned, informale, and yikes i wasnt expecting to see $400 pants, so how much annual income should one make in order to reasonably afford $400 pants and how many pairs would you have?

Many, many on that list are closer to $ 200.
At the cheapest level, you can get decent rise khakis from Land’s End for less than $ 100 and while not comparable in tailoring quality to the excellent list that @TheShetlandSweater provided they are quite wearable.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score

The linen drawstring on Informale are 290...AUD. That's 214 USD. A lot, but no where nearly as much as you said.

Spier and Mackay has plenty for under 100 and some for under 50.

The traditional American clothiers I mentioned have plenty in the 100s. O'Connell's has a lot in the lower 100s.

Natalino has plenty in the 100s. Esp. if you look at their sale.

Cavour has stuff in the 100s.

A number of these places' prices will also go down a lot on sale.

Sure, many of these places are expensive. But these also aren't pants that you have to re-buy every year or two. Many of these will hold up for a long time, especially if you get the right fabrics.

wkt

Reaction score
The linen drawstring on Informale are 290...AUD. That's 214 USD. A lot, but no where nearly as much as you said.

Spier and Mackay has plenty for under 100 and some for under 50.

The traditional American clothiers I mentioned have plenty in the 100s. O'Connell's has a lot in the lower 100s.

Natalino has plenty in the 100s. Esp. if you look at their sale.

Cavour has stuff in the 100s.

A number of these places' prices will also go down a lot on sale.

Sure, many of these places are expensive. But these also aren't pants that you have to re-buy every year or two. Many of these will hold up for a long time, especially if you get the right fabrics.

ok, i will check out some of the other sites you listed, those prices you listed are much more reasonable...

(and for what it is worth, one of the first pants i clicked on while on the informale site was that much (~$400) so that is where i got the number from, i was quite surprised and made a post about it (or it could have been the middle of the night and my mind wasn't fully up yet and typed out the wrong number... ??).)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads