Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Beige Linen Suit Suggestions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Britalian, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

Saw this thread (SchumanNYC does Milan: These are my 4 favorite pics) and it reminded me to hunt down the perfect summer suit in beige-y linen. I'm here in Italy and the bi-annual sales are under way so why not...? Anyway, would welcome suggestions on what to go for : how many buttons, lapel depth/size, turn ups etc. Sort of mid-range price.

2. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Not sure where you are going to be, but I found an interesting linen suit at a shop called Marlowe in Ravenna while I was there. They had two-buttons and three-buttons, striped and plain. All seemed well-made and somewhat original. Not sure whether they have shops outside Ravenna. Their web site, mlw.it, is now mostly blank.

3. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

The question seems to be which kind of Italian suit do you want? Cutting it too thick, but as a starting point: Milan, Rome or Naples?

4. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

I would go two-button. A beige linen suit is supposed to be cool, and three-button suits will leave less breathing room.