• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Behold: The New Low Cost Champ: Target!

2sweet

Reaction score
For price vs. performance ratio, no one else is even close. I just bought a couple of sweaters and henleys there, and I was almost ashamed at the low prices I paid. These guys do everything right. The cut is great, the quality is great, the price is ridiculously low. They embarrass other low cost and mall vomit chains like Old Navy and The Gap.

The nice thing about Target is you can do a lot of shopping online, and there is a Target within easy drive for anyone in the US, which is my main quibble with H&M: I can't even try their stuff without driving over an hour out of my way.

For price, convenience, and quality, no one else is even close. Target is destination no. 1 for cheapskate nation.

PS: The reason I am so exuberant about Target now is based upon how far they've come. 10-11 years ago, the quality of their apparel was so bad, it was comical. You could literally see the defect/s 50 feet down the aisle.

tatet

Reaction score
How is Gap a vomit chain? it's pretty good compared to the others

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 2sweet
You could literally see the defect/s 50 feet down the aisle.

Unless the clothing was on fire, this is literally false.

JO3B

Reaction score
uniqlo beats out target any day of the week.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 2sweet
... The cut is great, the quality is great, the price is ridiculously low. They embarrass other low cost and mall vomit chains like Old Navy and The Gap. ...

I am employed by Target and even I disagree with this statement.

A ton of what Target sells is really not that great. The Mens department is nicer than other discount retailers, but just at or slightly under your typical mall fare.

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
at least j.crew and uniqlo are above target.

illegalcheeser

Reaction score
I dunno; I used to work at Target for a while and I think they've moved away from junk like Cherokee (at least in men's) whenever I visit there now. They're learning...though I hate the Converse All Star stuff.

GY!BE

Reaction score
herehttp://www.target.com/Merona-Block-S...ate&rh=&page=2

id wear this tie

and maybe some white v-neck undershirts. Last year my brothers bought a pretty decent looking military style pseudo m-16 jacket from target. Style was nice but construction was kinda wack

x26

Reaction score
I cannot even pass a Target w/o feeling sick...

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look at this sweet shirt
61242qk0khL._AA260_.jpg

reprehensible

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JO3B

Man, Uniqlo fans need to shut it. I'm sure it's great, but they've got one store in the US. It's not really comparable with a huge discount store chain, you know?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
it is great to get in the sense that you can get your undergarments, shirts and beer at the same place.

pcl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JO3B

I don't get the swooning over Uniqlo - is the U.S. store that much better than the stores in Asia? I have never been to the store in NYC, but when I worked in Shanghai there were two Uniqlo stores near where I lived (the one on Huaihai Lu and the one on Nanjng Lu) ... always thought they were just ok - pretty mcuh as everyone says - it's the Japanese Gap. Gap like clothing sized for Asians. But nothing special. But again I wasn't too worked up over the H&M in Shanghai either.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was my impression based on Uniqlo in Japan as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads