• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

beginner question

blahblah1

Reaction score
I have two quick questions.

how do you layer in the spring? Its easy to throw on scarves and coats and a button up shirt etc etc in the winter but how can you get the layers working in the spring? Would a track jacket work or are they too cliche?

and

what are some good accessories for men to have to add some fashion to a wardrobe. I currently just have a silver watch and obviously a belt or two. Ive been thinking about getting a pocket watch instead and perhaps connecting a short chain from my wallet to the belt loop directly over my back pocket. would this be tacky? what other options do men have for accessories?

thanks!

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahblah1
I have two quick questions. how do you layer in the spring? Its easy to throw on scarves and coats and a button up shirt etc etc in the winter but how can you get the layers working in the spring? Would a track jacket work or are they too cliche? and what are some good accessories for men to have to add some fashion to a wardrobe. I currently just have a silver watch and obviously a belt or two. Ive been thinking about getting a pocket watch instead and perhaps connecting a short chain from my wallet to the belt loop directly over my back pocket. would this be tacky? what other options do men have for accessories? thanks!
I like fall and winter the best as I can wear the most clothes. I carry / wear a very light spring jacket as it gets cool at night. "Accecesories make the man" - A belt, silver watch for dress, a leather watch for casual, discrete necklace or bracelet, money clip, a good bag for quick trips to the shore, sunglasses, maybe a zippo lighter case on one's belt? (I'm reaching now) As far as layering for the summer. The best layering that I do comes from a different colored t-shirt under a polo or button-down and a belt (maybe a canvass one for shorts). Edit: I can't f**#@$% spell anymore...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's