1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Beginner looking for some help with jacket fit.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kovalchuk71, May 19, 2013.

1. kovalchuk71

kovalchuk71 Member

Hello everyone. I would like to add some more blazers to my wardrobe and am pretty much a beginner. I have had this suit jacket for 2 years now. It is a J.Crew 38R. I went to my local tailor to have it altered and wanted to know if this fits me correctly. I am looking for the "modern" slimmer look. I am 5'7 170lbs with a 37" chest and a 31" waist. Wasn't sure if this was too long?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SelfMade

SelfMade Active Member

Selfies taken in your bathroom using your cell phone rarely ever give the viewer a image complete enough to critique the fit of any garment. I suggest finding someone willing and not embarrassed to ask to take the pictures for you.

3. redboat

redboat Senior Member

It is hard to see well from these photos, but the fit is not bad, needs a few tweaks at most. SelfMade is right: have someone else take photos of you from the front, side, and back while you stand naturally with your arms at your side.

4. kovalchuk71

kovalchuk71 Member

Thanks. I will go ahead and do that, I just didn't have anyone around to help me out.