1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Beginner looking for some help with jacket fit.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kovalchuk71, May 19, 2013.

1. kovalchuk71

kovalchuk71 Member

Hello everyone. I would like to add some more blazers to my wardrobe and am pretty much a beginner. I have had this suit jacket for 2 years now. It is a J.Crew 38R. I went to my local tailor to have it altered and wanted to know if this fits me correctly. I am looking for the "modern" slimmer look. I am 5'7 170lbs with a 37" chest and a 31" waist. Wasn't sure if this was too long?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SelfMade

SelfMade Active Member

Selfies taken in your bathroom using your cell phone rarely ever give the viewer a image complete enough to critique the fit of any garment. I suggest finding someone willing and not embarrassed to ask to take the pictures for you.

3. redboat

redboat Well-Known Member

It is hard to see well from these photos, but the fit is not bad, needs a few tweaks at most. SelfMade is right: have someone else take photos of you from the front, side, and back while you stand naturally with your arms at your side.

4. kovalchuk71

kovalchuk71 Member

Thanks. I will go ahead and do that, I just didn't have anyone around to help me out.