• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Before and After Styleforum

Dr. J

Reaction score
I thought it'd be fun, after one year of lurking on SF, to show everyone how the forum has changed my clothing (for the better). These pictures kind of surprised me -- and this is just the improvement in my everyday outfits.

In the BEFORE picture, you'll notice: scuffed Bostonian shoes, over-long, over-wide, pleated black pants (made of polyester!); oversaturated yellow, blousy, OTR mall shirt (in the wrong size!)

In the AFTER picture: AE westgates; charcoal slim-cut no-break H&M wool slacks; light purple herringbone MTM Jantzen shirt

I'm working up the courage to buy some non-black shoes... and there's still a lot of room for improvement elsewhere. But I think I'm moving in the right direction.

The best advice I've gotten here was: pay attention to fit. Thank you SF!

Anyone else want to share any improvement since joining? What advice has been most helpful to you?

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've only lurked for a short while, but find the forum endlessly fascinating and inspiring. I've recently dropped the weight that crept on over the past seven years. I can now fit into all my good suits and shirts. Again! I'd like to drop a further 40lbs and hit my target weight. When I reach, I will try and emulate the outstanding choices by posters such as LSeca, Holdfast and Soph. They dress superbly. And thanks to the many posters who post shoe Appreciation! Oh man... This forum addresses my Type A dress type; proper trouser break, colour matching, day and evening dress differences, tie dimple, shoe type, tie knot, etc, etc...and of course, NO hats or loafers!!!
smile.gif

DandySF

Reaction score
Dr. J, that's an impressive transformation.

athletics

Reaction score
You look like you lost 20 pounds in that year too.

jakejake

Reaction score
is it the picture or you really have long lower extremities.

absolut3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jakejake
either that or he's wearing his pants around his belly button, but either way still much better

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dressing nice and make you look 1000% more attractive. It's very important. This is a great forum here a lot of very helpful fashionable poeple on here.

Congrats on your transformation.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
looks fantastic

before:
P1010144.jpg

After

PICT0039.jpg

PICT0041.jpg

PICT0025.jpg

PICT0008.jpg

PICT0001.jpg

i still feel like wearing black once in a while though

gangster.jpg

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That pinky ring and ID bracelet must be the pride of bensonhurst.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
That pinky ring and ID bracelet must be the pride of bensonhurst.
Hey....i am what i am, lol. I dont know what ID bracelet you're talking about though? If your talking about my watch its a Rolex Datejust.

Dr. J

Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys!

Originally Posted by athletics
You look like you lost 20 pounds in that year too.

I know! I still weigh the same, but even my friends and family thought I lost weight when they started running into me in my new outfits. The old clothes were just so ill-fitting; I'd trusted sales associates for so long, I didn't even know my own size until I got some measuring tape and figured it out.

Originally Posted by jakejake

Maybe. I'm 6'0, but it could just be the effect of slim pants + my pose emphasizing the vertical axis.

Skinnygoomba: very nice -- I really like the pink shirt combo!

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thx Dr.

I like the new look, it makes you look alot younger as well as thinner.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
Hey....i am what i am, lol.

I dont know what ID bracelet you're talking about though?

If your talking about my watch its a Rolex Datejust.

hah you're a good sport. i was referring to the bracelet on your left arm...the picture where you're holding a camera. I had a smoking hot girlfriend in high school who gave me a bracelet and put both our names on it...I still have panic attacks thinking about girls that give me man jewelry with their names on it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads