Beer spilled on suit sleeve?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by josepidal, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Nonk

Nonk Senior member

You should find the culprit and horse whip him on the steps of the bar-

spilling beer is a serious offence!

2. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

i cant wait for the next episode![​IMG] (sorry- i just love that smiley <--)

[​IMG]

4. GBR

GBR Senior member

-

spilling beer is a serious offence!

So desparately wasteful of good beer.

5. josepidal

josepidal Senior member

So, to be clear, asking someone who spills alcohol on you is just cause to kindly but firmly ask for dry cleaning money, and that this in turn is not cause for a fistfight in the parking lot?

6. lakewolf

lakewolf Senior member

I keep the high quality suits to special occasions, when I go out clubbing or to parties where I could easily get beer spilled on me I put on cheap ( but good looking ) suits

7. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

Yeah, I would've stowed the jacket if I was going to a student bar where they played grunge.

8. josepidal

josepidal Senior member

Same here, but it was a spur of the moment thing from a job fair a block away and I left soon after. I dislike breaking conversations abruptly I suppose.

9. EL72

EL72 Senior member

So, to be clear, asking someone who spills alcohol on you is just cause to kindly but firmly ask for dry cleaning money, and that this in turn is not cause for a fistfight in the parking lot?

[​IMG]

10. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Wait, so who'd be the tough guy starting the fistfight in the parking lot, the clumsy fellow who you just kindly but firmly asked dry cleaning money from or you?

11. josepidal

josepidal Senior member

Heh. I just wanted to know if it was appropriate to ask the klutz to be decent and provide dry cleaning money, and if this would not normally be the cause of him challenging the suit wearing fellow (me) to a fistfight.

I'm a lawyer. I'm supposed to make money out of fist fights, not start them and muddy the waters for damages.

12. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Heh. I just wanted to know if it was appropriate to ask the klutz to be decent and provide dry cleaning money, and if this would not normally be the cause of him challenging the suit wearing fellow (me) to a fistfight.

I'm a lawyer. I'm supposed to make money out of fist fights, not start them and muddy the waters for damages.

I'd definitely kick someone's ass if they asked me for dry cleaning money. [​IMG]

13. GBR

GBR Senior member

If you're an American Lawyer (or a some types of UK one) why not just sue him for the odd $2m?

14. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

Same here, but it was a spur of the moment thing from a job fair a block away and I left soon after. I dislike breaking conversations abruptly I suppose.
    I would have hung it up when I got there.

Well sure it is, but what the hell did you go to Boston for if you don't want to get into drunken parking lot fights?

15. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

I suppose you'd be assuming the clutz that spilled the beer is the aggressive type looking for trouble. I, on the other hand, would have expected either [​IMG] if not [​IMG] considering that's the reaction you would have gotten from me and my friends if I had merely spilled beer on someone and they asked for money. All he would have gotten from me would be an apology...and I don't think that lacks any decency. You're a lawyer - assumption of risk.