• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beer Lemonade?

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by darnelled
I'm looking for a decent beach drink for a trip next week and heard about this but have seen a variety of recipes. Most say
12 oz. beer
12 oz. water
12 oz. frozen lemonade concentrate
12 0z. vodka

Others leave out the water, the vodka or use varying amounts of vodka. Anyone ever try any of these?
What recipe do you prefer? Any good?

This done with another can of beer in place of the water and made with pink lemonade is what I know as "pink panty droppers"

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
You mean the buttsechs?
Always on top.

5 more ounces of vodka and you'd be a happy bottom.

KJT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RedLantern
This done with another can of beer in place of the water and made with pink lemonade is what I know as "pink panty droppers"

30 pack of beer, handle of vodka, container of country time lemonade = skippy for us.

used to drink it in college.

RustyRyan

Reaction score
Ahhhh. Hop, skip and go naked, I remember that concoction from college. I seem to remember we made it with beer, vodka, and lemonade concentrate...water was omitted. A lot of debauchery was comitted on night this was drank...

dganderson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KJT
30 pack of beer, handle of vodka, container of country time lemonade = skippy for us.

Same here. You can't taste the alcohol and it get's you wasted in no time.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Pour a beer in one glass. Pour a lemonade in another glass. Tend to each.

Strombollii

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stu
In my book it ain't a summer drink if it doesn't have rum.
What about a Gin and Tonic?

Originally Posted by KJT

+1

darnelled

Reaction score
Back from the beach vacation and we had this the first day.
I used 2 beers, 6oz vodka, 6 oz water, 12oz frozen lemonade concentrate and some ice.

It made 2 very large drinks that got us fairly drunk, very quickly. Whoever said it hides the alcohol taste was right. It was pretty acidic and I'd add another beer and more water next time.

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by darnelled
I'm looking for a decent beach drink for a trip next week and heard about this but have seen a variety of recipes. Most say
12 oz. beer
12 oz. water
12 oz. frozen lemonade concentrate
12 0z. vodka

Others leave out the water, the vodka or use varying amounts of vodka. Anyone ever try any of these?
What recipe do you prefer? Any good?

I do the same recipe, but sub tequila and limeade concentrate (and sprite instead of water). We called them beer margaritas and they are pretty damn good.

Christobevii3

Reaction score
What sounds like a good idea in this thread turns into a terrible waste of alcohol. Been there down that.

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KJT

Ah, skippy go death mix, I remember that...we used everclear instead of vodka though
ffffuuuu.gif

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try 2/3 IPA or wheat beer like Three Floyd's Gumball Head or Lagunitas IPA and 1/3 Orange or Grapefruit juice. A beer-mosa or IPA Greyhound pretty much as long as the beer is very hoppy and citrusy, you'll be alright...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads