1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Beer and the bathroom

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by gregokay, Oct 1, 2004.

1. gregokay

gregokay Member

As a college student, I have only a moderate amount of experience drinking beer. However, whenever I have even one beer, I have to go to the bathroom about every 20 min for a few hours.

Is there anything that can prevent this or is this just the way I am?

2. VMan

VMan Distinguished Member

Once you 'break the seal', yes, you will be visiting the facility every 15-20 minutes.

From what I've heard, this happens to everyone.

3. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Distinguished Member

just think of it as a way to get a little exercise while you drink. plus you get to gauge how drunk you are by how wobbly your sea legs are.

4. VMan

I just want to make a second response to the original poster. For your sake, I did a little additional 'research' last night, in the form of three barrels of Miller Lite. No, there is nothing you can do to prevent what happens to you. [​IMG]

5. aybojs

aybojs Senior Member

This is why many college guys soon master the art of discreetly pissing in unconventional places.

6. VMan

Wait, so back alleys and underneath backyard decks are now 'unconventional places'?

7. aybojs

aybojs Senior Member

No but say, for example, getting one out at the bar while you're waiting on a drink is a common one I've seen a lot guys do. Not that I'd ever stoop to that, at least in a pre-blackout state...

8. VMan

Wow, you mean while standing right at the bar? That's pretty gross.

9. aybojs

aybojs Senior Member

Yeah, it's more of a frat party type thing than something you'd try at a real bar, but man, I had a friend who was incredibly skilled at it and always pulled it off in huge crowds without ever getting noticed. Pretty impressive, in an odd sort of way.

10. A Harris

A Harris Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

And REALLY disgusting. I'd hate to be the janitor...

11. Stu

Stu Distinguished Member

a COLLEGE STUDENT with only MODERATE experience drinking beer? Isn't that an oxymoron?

12. VMan

If he's a Freshman, then he's only been a college student for a month. Otherwise, I don't know how else to explain it. [​IMG]

13. PHV

PHV Senior Member

College students in the US in general are big time light weights with alcohol. Most kids, because of the legal drinking age are pretty immature in that regard. Up in Montreal we get tons of 17-21 year old Americans wanting to taste freedom...

They're always the ones getting beat up by bouncers and puking on the street corners.

O to be a cheap drunk... would be nice to not have to spend 100 dollars to get drunk.

14. Huntsman

Huntsman Distinguished Member

The only real problem with the frequent trips is other people drinking your beer while your're attending to business. One day a buddy got tired of having his beer consumed while he was away, so he grabbed a bar napkin, wrote "Don't drink this, I spit in it" and put it atop his mug.

When he got back, he was pleased to see his beer was still there. But when he looked at the napkin, he saw someone had written on it, "So did I."

;-)

Yes, that's an old one -- I used the 'buddy' reference merely to facillitate the telling.

Regards,
    Huntsman

15. JBZ

JBZ Distinguished Member

At one of the frats where I went to college, there was a covered hole that led directly to the ground behind the bar. During campus wide parties, the guys who were bartending (and who were also drinking) merely had to turn around, uncover the hole, and "water" the lawn, rather than fight their way through huge crowds or leave their bartending posts for long periods of time.

I remember being impressed with their ingenuity.

Jeff