• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Bedford stu boots

sean2slow

Reaction score
Hello
All this talk about paul smith ricardo boots made me want a pair of boots that i can beat the shit out of.
Although ricardo is exactly what I am looking for, I am not in a position where I can spend $ 500 on a pair of boots now.
hence, i went on a search for a cheaper alternative and encountered bedford stu deputy boots.

http://www.zappos.com/gs/bedford-stu...-boots-5.shtml

Before I make my purchase, I wanted to get styleforum experts opinion on quality and sizing.
How is the quality of leather and construction of bed stu boots, especially deputy boots that I am looking at?
Also how is the sizing? I usually wear 7.5 in sneakers and 40 in dress shoes, the smallest size that i could find on these boots were 8, will they fit me good?

I want to thank you in advance and let the discussion begin!

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
The quality isn't all that great. It's not bad (made in mexico?) but not that great. They don't look as good in person as online. My friend has a different pair of bed stu boots and the leather is kind of dissapointing looking (his are the scraped leather ones). They were on sale pretty low around $100 on oaknyc.com a month or two ago but i guess they're sale is over.

mrbojangles928

Reaction score
I have that same boot, but in the black leather rather than suede. The quality of the leather may not be the best, but the boot certainly does not look cheap like a lot of cheaper boots will. They have a nice rugged look that i love, i just dont know if they are worth the list price. The rubber on the heel wears down pretty fast and i can see some cracking beginning in the sole where the ball of my foot it. I got mine on sale at amazon for 50 bucks so for that price, they have proven worth it. Also, i normally wear a size 13 shoe (12 in chucks) and i got these in a 13 because thats all that was left, and i wish they were a 12, so sizing up would definitely not be appropriate.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 39 17.0%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • Carmina

Votes: 34 14.8%
  • Crockett & Jones

Votes: 38 16.6%
  • Other

Votes: 75 32.8%