1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Bedding

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Kent Wang, May 11, 2006.

1. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Do you use a full bedding set with sheets, comforter, duvet cover, etc? I've always grown up using one layer of "blanket" and find having a sheet and two or more layers on top of that to be a little strange. When the seasons change I usually switch from a heavy winter blanket to a lighter blanket. Actually, my current summer "blanket" is kind of like this giant towel -- unsightly to say the least. I would like to improve my bedding situation but am not certain how.

2. Bunter

Bunter Active Member

Get a bird, she'll figure it out quick mate.

3. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Yes. i have a 700 fill power comforter that's light as a cloud (and was $$$). I take it off in the summer. Even in the winter it can be too hot (so i sleep with the windows open). Never been a fan of blankets. They feel heavy and uncomfortable to me. If you don't have a really light comforter, you have no idea what you're missing. You don't even notice it's there except for the extra heat.

also... be careful with the touch test. I bought some sferra hotel collection off ebay. It's supposed to be 500tc egyptian cotton. It felt quite soft, until i washed it. Now it feels rough. I think they treat the sheets with something to make them feel softer than they are when they're in the package. I needed to replace my sheets and didn't want to blow 1k bucks again, but instead i just wasted $250. Just suck it up and get the good stuff right away.

4. Aaargh

Aaargh Member

Holy shit just browsed the Auping catalogue. I'm going to sleep in a Cleopatra or Match when I get a better place...

Are there more high-end brands like Auping?

5. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

Yes. i have a 700 fill power comforter that's light as a cloud (and was $$$). I take it off in the summer. Even in the winter it can be too hot (so i sleep with the windows open). Never been a fan of blankets. They feel heavy and uncomfortable to me. If you don't have a really light comforter, you have no idea what you're missing. You don't even notice it's there except for the extra heat.

also... be careful with the touch test. I bought some sferra hotel collection off ebay. It's supposed to be 500tc egyptian cotton. It felt quite soft, until i washed it. Now it feels rough. I think they treat the sheets with something to make them feel softer than they are when they're in the package. I needed to replace my sheets and didn't want to blow 1k bucks again, but instead i just wasted $250. Just suck it up and get the good stuff right away.

$1k for Sferra hotel collection? [​IMG]
    I have their modal sheet set [​IMG] - they get softer with each wash. Make sure you follow the wash/dry instructions.

6. otc

otc Senior member

7. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

$1k for Sferra hotel collection? [​IMG]
    I have their modal sheet set [​IMG] - they get softer with each wash. Make sure you follow the wash/dry instructions.

No, not for sferrra hotel collection. That was for the sheets I had before them. The sferra was what i could find cheap on ebay to replace my nice ones that are now worn out. I knew they weren't the best but they are cheap. I just wanted to find something decent with a hem-stitch to match my duvet cover and didn't feel like spending a lot on sheets at this point in time.