1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Bed-time.

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by LabelKing, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Matt

Matt Senior member

sorta 11 or 12ish.

My new house gets morning sunlight, which has me waking up earlier than I would like. It also has a loud dog from one neighbour and construction from another, so it is kinda conspiring to get me up early.

This is not ideal, as I suck at sleeping. Always have. I am not a good sleeper, wake up at least 2 or 3 times a night every night.

2. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

See, i just go to bed at the same times every night regardless of when i have to wake up. Even if i pull an all nighter for a big paper, i still go to bed around midnight the following evening. I don't know, it's more of a don't want to waste the hours kinda thing.

3. Manic

Manic Active Member

omg you have the cold feet thing too! i will seriously lay there awake until my feet get warm, can't fall asleep till that happens.

I have the same problem. Once my feet get cold, I get lower leg cramps and I'm up all night. Mine is related to Raynaud's phenomenon

Now I stretch my legs really well just before bed every night to get blood flowing, and if it's going to be cold, I wear pj pants with the ankles tucked into warm socks.[​IMG] (it keeps heat in)

Normally.... Bed time is at around 11:30 - 12. I have to be strict and force myself to go to bed then, or I will stay up all night and feel like poop when the sun comes up.

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

between 10 and 11, unless I have something going on at the time. Then again I'm up 4, 4:30.

The worst was my first semester of b-school - up at 3 a.m. to study, 4 a.m. on the roads, 7 a.m. off to work. Off work at 5, at school by 6. Home at 10 p.m. Repeat. Finally scaled back the running and my grades picked up.

5. Faded501s

Faded501s Senior member

I found that when my feet are cold, it takes me up to 2 hours to fall asleep, so now I wear slippers around even now in the summer (in the winter I sleep with them on).
    omg you have the cold feet thing too! i will seriously lay there awake until my feet get warm, can't fall asleep till that happens.

Me too, minus the slipper thing and usually only in winter (in this extremely drafty old house).

I worked overnight and swing shifts from my mid 20's to mid 30's and it pretty much ruined any semblance of a sleep pattern. I'm on a very inconsistent rotation of 18-20 on and 6-8 off with the occasional 12 hr coma when I'm feeling sleep deprived. Always go for the 10 or 12 hours sleep after a sincere attempt at partying though.

6. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

Sleep is pretty dependent on temperature and light. Your body temperature drops when you go to sleep, so it makes sense for you to need to be warm from a blanket and stuff.

I also can't sleep without a tshirt, it gets too drafty and I get a horrible nights sleep and never feel rested, same if my feet become cold from sticking out of the blanket during winter, etc.

7. oxide

oxide Well-Known Member

when im at work the next day its 11:30 -12 and I wakeup at 7 am

yes sunlight is very important when it comes to sleeping, the more sunlight u get the better u can sleep at night

also temperature is important as some1 said above, the bigger the body temperature difference during the day, the better the sleep will be. Body temperature needs to be able to drop down for sleep to commence, so excercise during the day is a good idea.

i've got a whole book on sleeping efficiently, quite useful stuff in there. Especially when u have to sleep every night [​IMG]

8. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I can't sleep with those sheets; I only like comforters.

9. VMan

VMan Senior member

3-4am typically.

Though, my new girl works at 8 am, so when I am there, earlier.

10. lee lin

lee lin Senior member

i hate sleeping but i sleep a lot. i wish i could be like that james bond villain in die another day that never slept. you sleep when you die.

11. shellshock

shellshock Senior member

also temperature is important as some1 said above, the bigger the body temperature difference during the day, the better the sleep will be. Body temperature needs to be able to drop down for sleep to commence, so excercise during the day is a good idea.

interesting. i sleep with a sweatshirt on almost all the time except for like in the middle of summer. i'm glad i'm not the only one with the cold feet thing. i think it's bad circulation. in winter i usually bust out the hot water bottle. [​IMG] people tell me to put on socks but then my feet are just cold inside the socks.

does anyone else have the problem of napping during the day and getting like a stomach ache afterwards? it almost always happens to me regardless of whether i've recently eaten or not... idk.

12. DNW

DNW Senior member

I normally sleep between 3-5AM when I don't have to wake up the next day. When I'm in school, usually before 3AM. I have a hard time sleeping before 2AM, even when I'm completely drunk.

13. King Salmon

King Salmon Senior member

I like the interesting dreams melatonin provides. It's like watching a film--in your mind!

14. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

I like the interesting dreams melatonin provides. It's like watching a film--in your mind!

Vitamin B-6 is supposed to make you dream in more vivid colors, I haven't really observed this too carefully. But now that you mention it, melatonin does give some pretty crazy dreams too.

15. carloaudee

carloaudee New Member

I know that this has been an old thread, but this has given me a whole lot of idea on sleep or bed time. I guess if we could have a bed time like we were kids and young, then that would have been very much good and great for all of us. Try to also click here and see all the sources that you can have as well. I just hope things would be as simple as before, but not now.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  16. b1os

b1os Senior member

Now that the thread has successfully been necro'ed...
    I usually go to sleep at 1-4am, it vastly depends on whether I'm feeling very tired, bored, or have to work the next day (in between school and studying atm, working twice a week at a magazine). I try to get 8 hours, but it mostly are 6-7ish. I get up at 10-11.30am, unless I don't have anything planned for the day, then I sometimes sleep til 12.30pm or 1pm. I think I would need 10-11 hours (or until it's getting uncomfortable :happy:) on a daily basis to be completely awake.

To the guys with cold feet, I got them, too. The simplest solution (and a very comfortable one) is to actually use a hot water bottle (hottie?). Easiest way to get warm/hot feet. I use one on a daily basis.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  17. lovercase

lovercase New Member

Recently i go to bed later, at about 2 am. i feel sleepy during the day.So i decide to go to bed at 10pm.

18. xpress

xpress Senior member

Jesus Christ, don't you people have jobs?!?!

Midnight and I'm out.

19. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Usually out by 10.