Bed-time.

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by LabelKing, Jun 27, 2007.

1. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

watching the sunrise sucks if youve been up all night

When I worked graveyard I had a bunch of energy at 8am when I went home, but once I stepped out that door and saw sunlight, I was instantly exhausted. Not fun trying to make yourself exercise and run errands at this time of day.

2. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

When I worked graveyard I had a bunch of energy at 8am when I went home, but once I stepped out that door and saw sunlight, I was instantly exhausted. Not fun trying to make yourself exercise and run errands at this time of day.
    I get a good deal of anxiety when I'm trying to fall asleep and see the sun coming up. And since it sometimes takes me about 2 hours--with sedatives--to fall asleep, it becomes rather tiresome. I have a set of eye mask and earplugs for the express purpose of falling asleep when the sun and birds come out.

3. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

I get a good deal of anxiety when I'm trying to fall asleep and see the sun coming up. And since it sometimes takes me about 2 hours--with sedatives--to fall asleep, it becomes rather tiresome.

I have a set of eye mask and earplugs for the express purpose of falling asleep when the sun and birds come out.

does that work out well. i have anxiety trying to fall asleep as well. by 5-6 pm i start popping nyquil or benadryl. and then fall asleep after the sun comes out. the worst is if its around 8-9 am..hate that shit

4. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

does that work out well. i have anxiety trying to fall asleep as well. by 5-6 pm i start popping nyquil or benadryl. and then fall asleep after the sun comes out. the worst is if its around 8-9 am..hate that shit

Yes, usually it does work well.

I read in Rolling Stone that the singer, Rivers Cuomo, treats himself to some NyQuill or something similar, on certain evenings.

5. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

yea ive been drinking nyquil almost everynight for about a year and half now haha its pretty bad

6. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

It's oddly late for me now @ 2am, but I typically try to go to bed before midnight. I haven't done that since high school, but my afternoon classes force me to go to bed early to study in the morning.

I need about 10 hours of sleep or I'm doomed.

7. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

usually around 11, but then I am up 2-3 times a night with the twins. up at 5:30-6 am.

for several years, I had my schedule turned around, first working in a bakery then in the army, everything I did was at night, and I would sleep during the day. I actually liked it.

8. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

I get a good deal of anxiety when I'm trying to fall asleep and see the sun coming up. And since it sometimes takes me about 2 hours--with sedatives--to fall asleep, it becomes rather tiresome. I have a set of eye mask and earplugs for the express purpose of falling asleep when the sun and birds come out.
    Well the sun has just started coming up and it isn't that bad. I used to get anxious and try "extra hard" to fall asleep more quickly, now I kinda forget about what time it is and I just go by how many hours I have before I have to get up, this way the sun is less relevant. I wouldn't try sedatives, they lose their effectiveness overtime and are addictive. I swear by this http://www.vitacost.com/TwinlabContr...leaseMelatonin. Take it when you are kinda starting to get tired and you'll be tired in an hour. Exercise helped me too to tire me out, it also gets your biorhythms more regular. I found that when my feet are cold, it takes me up to 2 hours to fall asleep, so now I wear slippers around even now in the summer (in the winter I sleep with them on).

9. DunderMifflin

DunderMifflin Member

I aim for around 10:30, but it usually ends up being closer to 11:30.

10. Homme

Homme Senior member

12 - 1 if i have work the next day; 1-3 if i don't.

11. Condor

Condor Senior member

10-11 pm, up at 5.30.

The person that linked meletonin, it works.
    I used to get insomnia a lot until I cured myself.

12. dusty

dusty Senior member

1 or 2. Sleep for at least 8 but probably need 9.

13. zatarregaza

zatarregaza Senior member

yea ive been drinking nyquil almost everynight for about a year and half now haha its pretty bad

Try melatonin. Its natural and easy to take. Doesn't have that horrendous mediciney taste. Usually puts me to sleep in about 30 minutes.
    I take one a week when I feel my sleep cycle is getting out of hand. If I didn't have a regular 8-5 job, I'd probably go to sleep at 3AM every night.

14. Chadley

Chadley Senior member

I go to bed at 2 or 3 AM. Now that it is summer, I wake up at about 11 AM.

15. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

Depends on the shift I am working. Usually in the summer I will work the graveyard shift at the airport (9 pm-5 am) but I'm usually around until about 7:30 (no, I'm not supposed to work those hours but I choose to, it's much easier getting work done when the terminal is empty). Normal bedtime is about 11pm-12am depending on the day.

JB