• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bed Stu Shoes

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do any of you have any experience with this brand for shoes? I saw a few of their shoes on Urban Outfitter's site (link). The reviews say true to size, but that's always tough to identify for me b/c I am all over the place on sizing for dress shoes, boots, sneakers, etc. Any scoop on these would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

mrbojangles928

Reaction score
I would buy the same size as I would in chucks, which would normally be about a half size down from dress shoe size. I have a pair of Bed Stu boots that i sized true to size and they are very big, even with an insole. These are boots however, so the sizing on a regular shoe may not be the same. I would probably look elsewhere to buy the shoe and wait for a sale however. UO is very overpriced (Red Wing GTs are 300 dollars on there) and from my experience the quality and durability of Bed Stu shoes does not justify their full retail, although they can look good. My experience is with the Deputy boot, which I bought from amazon for 50 bucks.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
there are 2 pairs that have been sitting on the floor hidden by all the clearance v-neck tees and such at the Urban Oufitters in Omaha for a good 2-3 months now.

I guess what I mean is, be patient, these were originally 150+ methinks, and are now 49.99, and could soon be even less.

I tried on the 9.5's which were a size to big... so my guess is that these run a lot like chucks in terms of sizing but.

GY!BE

Reaction score
OP, Im sure we were looking at the same pair of shoes on UO ('The Stentorian and The Brogue?)... I thought they looked awesome but didn't have my size, ended up questing and found some wayyy nicer shoes for a similar price, Id say skip on the bed stu (have you SEEN their other ****?) and hold out for a better brand on sale.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys, very much appreciated. My local UO didn't have any that I saw and thought maybe others did and I could get some feedback before buying as I was afraid of crap leather and overpricing.

GY!BE - Those are the exact ones in the grey. I have been looking for a nice modestly priced pair of grey shoes that could give me a balance for casual wear with dark jeans as well as with dress pants (mostly) as I am looking for something outside of black to go with black/grey pants. I had originally eyed up a pair of "heutchy" shoes on Revolve and Oak a while back as well, but wasn't sold on the material variation it had (here). Which did you pick up if you don't mind me asking?

C.Bleep

Reaction score
I wore 'em a bit at UO.

Ok construction, def. a 30$ shoe. Plastic sole, a bit rounded underneath; I found the fit ok, a bit hard on the heel step, a bit of a wobbly walk due to the bubbled/slightly rounded sole. And for me, not the most attractive profile, kind of a flat and duck-billed nose, lil euro looking.

C.Bleep

Reaction score
I have 3 pairs of Heutchy.

Great construction, very finely/delicately produced.

Worth the sale price, but not full retail...too delicate.

And each pair requires a $25 3/4 sole added.

Fallen Angels

Reaction score
Bedstu... quality sucks. i have got a pair of boots on amazon for 60% off long time ago. they look good, but quality sucks... made in mexico, leather is orange colored on the inside, makes my socks look weird.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads