• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Becoming a tea drinker.

ledouche

Reaction score
Had a variety of tea made by the Tuareg people years back. It's thick, gunpowder green tea steeped two or three times, each time being ceremonially poured from a height back into a steeping pot with more tea and possibly a variety of other spices. I didn't totally catch everything, but would drink again.

MJ45

Reaction score
A lot of variet and one of my favorite "Fruit tea"

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
FN Jubilee Blend was nice. Now I'm starting Harrods Assam Thowra (that's what's on the label). 10GBP per 250g. Not leaves but small rolled up balls.

futailee

Reaction score
Anyone Taiwanese high mountain teas (oolong tea) lover here?

Taiwan is famous for its oolong teas, particularly those which produced in high altitude (at least 1000m) due to its perfect weather and afternoon mist. The production is managed by independent smallholders, unlike the big estates, the artisans are allowed to focus more on high quality production in small quantity.

Oolong tea is an excellent choice for both beginners and experts, it is a fragrant and smooth tea that even beginners can easily enjoy, also because it’s a very wide category (the oxidation level between green and black tea can be categorised as oolong), the flavour is more complex and versatile than all other teas. Many tea connoisseur just can’t get enough of this rich and floral, fruity tastes that lingers at length on the palate. Well, it’s absolutely dangerous to go directly to the high mountain tea if you are new to tea drink, as the quality may make you hard to switch to other teas thereafter. But it’s always a good way to try something that is worth your time and money.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Visited postcard Teas in London. Nice little shop with small range of curated Teas. Amongst others, I bought a roasted Japanese (supernatural black) that tasted good as a breakfast tea.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So I've had an extended taste test with the Supernatural black and I still like it. But the English breakfast v3 from Postcard teas is much nicer, it can give you a nice strong brew that is still smooth. But the Sonitpur Assam from the same shop is the best of all. Full flavour with maltiness but yet smooth. They only had small 50g sizes available, I've had one pack of each so far and will definitely get more.

Now, back to Harrods English Breakfast 8GBP for 200g.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Okay, this Harrods English Breakfast seems to be a bit of a dud. I can't get it to brew up a strong cup despite adding more tea and increasing the water temperature. Hmmm.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Finished some Postcard teas London Roast which was nice if you upped your usual amount by about 10-20%. Now starting some old stock - Harrods Hatimara Assam (40GBP per Kg) which is a CTC granular looking tea. Strong malty taste.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.