• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beckham fail

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Guy looks good to me. Wouldn't sport the facial hair, but it's not bad.

tom_s252

Reaction score

I may be ignorant, but what the ****? You wouldn't wear a striped tie with a 2B suit? Are you a ******* idiot? There is no justification for that anywhere, ever. Even the new-school-blogging-crowd who love trousers too short and hoodies with suits don't have that kind of stupid rule.
If his shirt were any darker then it would draw focus from his face which is very dark, that would leave the entire outfit out of balance which is not the point of dressing well. Light pink and light grey have gone together for years. Are you just pulling this **** out of your arse or do you have some kind of education, training or sources for the dumb statements?

Thanks for saying this. I do wonder where some of this stuff comes from...

Macallan9

Reaction score
I thought we didn't criticize facial hair on SF, given the ugly beards in WAYW and the even uglier faces under it.

Russ_H

Reaction score

I may be ignorant, but what the ****? You wouldn't wear a striped tie with a 2B suit? Are you a ******* idiot? There is no justification for that anywhere, ever. Even the new-school-blogging-crowd who love trousers too short and hoodies with suits don't have that kind of stupid rule.
If his shirt were any darker then it would draw focus from his face which is very dark, that would leave the entire outfit out of balance which is not the point of dressing well. Light pink and light grey have gone together for years. Are you just pulling this **** out of your arse or do you have some kind of education, training or sources for the dumb statements?

Perhaps pgmetcalf is having a joke at your expense...

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Perhaps pgmetcalf is having a joke at your expense...

That is all very well, but for 10 years people have been coming to this forum to learn, grow and ask for advice. "Joking" "Presenting your Opinion as Fact" and "Being a Dick" all have the same negative impact on people looking for genuine advice.

If he is stupid enough to think those things, then it is too late for him, but what about the guy who wants a suit for his wedding and as a result rules out light grey and pink? Despite the fact that the combination is classic and highly appropriate?

Google anything even regarding clothes and within the top 5 results SF will feature. No Question.

Uneducated statements, jokes and poorly constructed Sarcasm or Irony do nothing to further discussion, educate, inform or otherwise improve the forum as a resource for others. Its like putting notes filled with lies in a history text book.

Stirling

Reaction score
Uneducated statements, jokes and poorly constructed Sarcasm or Irony do nothing to further discussion, educate, inform or otherwise improve the forum as a resource for others. Its like putting notes filled with lies in a history text book.

I think you make a very valuable point. Although I think even a simpleton would realise that you've got to take what you read on an internet forum with a pinch of salt.

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Come on, girls, he looks better here than any SF member has ever looked in any photo that has ever been or will be posted here. The day Foo appears 1/100th as comfortable in his costumes as Beckham does in this suit is the day the Earth spins out of orbit and slams into the Sun.

I like your use of the word 'costumes'.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Most of the naysayers in this thread would pay top dollar to get cock slapped by Beckham. :lol:

If only his mustache were 5cm shorter...

Last edited:

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm almost as handsome as Beckham, so I understand more than many of you how he can get away with dressing in ways that are a fail for most.

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The jealousy and hate around SF lately is absolutely shameful.
Agree.

To the haters: Beckham has better clothes than you (he gets for free), gets a billion times more girls than you, likely has way more money than you, is a far better athlete than you, and is probably 5 x 500 times better looking than you.

Deal with it.

Last edited:

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agree.

To the haters: Beckham has better clothes than you (he gets for free), gets a billion times more girls than you, likely has way more money than you, is a far better athlete than you, and is probably 5 x 500 times better looking than you. 

Deal with it.

/thread.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score

Agree.

Deal with it.

Victoria?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads