Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Sep 9, 2009.
Paul smith mainline shoes
10 is a bit excessive and contradictory to 'favourite', so I'll list 5 in order..
1. Ann Demeulemeester - Love her free flowing garments, not a single constricting piece, her last season was the most aligned collection I have seen with the aesthetic I'm trying to achieve.
2. Robert Geller - The futuristic utilitarianism combined with a tip of the hat to oldern times is wonderful, quite similar to cloak but this isn't a bad thing.
3. Burberry Prorsum - Timelessness in a nutshell, I love how they incorporate luxurious materials in a playful, interesting way and seem to actually use them constructively instead of just for ostentatiousness (ala Giorgio Armani, Versace). I also admire their wide range of appeal, probably one of the most universally appreciated brands out there.
4. Vivienne Westwood - A lot of interesting cuts and styles, nothing is kept standard, good sense of humor too, she is certainly one of the most creative designers out there, if a little bit incongruent.
5. Alexander McQueen - Great balance of luxury, creative licence and traditionalism, not too extravagent but certainly not boring, similar to Dries Van Noten in this sense, only I think AMQ has more of a sense of humor/playfulness.
And some in no order which I love but probably wouldn't wear unless otherwise mentioned (heh, that is, if I had the chance to).
Kris Van Assche (screw the haters, his stuff is real nice in person and Dior Homme SS 2010 was quite reasonable)
Carol Christien Poell (would wear)
Shades of Greige
geller has made about 4 good pieces ever IMO
dior homme(still lol)
hm..cant think of anything else right now.
Levi's Vintage line
Fred Perry (laurel range)
The Leatherhead custom leather goods
No real "designer" shit for me.
Nom de guerre
In no particular order
The Flat Head
Shades of Griege
(tailored clothing, cashmere)
(trousers, jeans, shirts, western theme done right with RRL out of anyone w bare min tackiness)
(love their look/aesthetic, but practically I can't wear it)
(Variety of coats, 3/4 length coats, avant garde)
(The elusive leather jacket only they can make)
(I love this designer. The best italian fashion house out of all the mainstream ones imo)
(Best serious fall/winter wear and outerwear for slim young guy. Suits)
(Fatte a mano will Always have a place in my heart)
(Jeans, I will always own one or two pairs of their jeans at any given time. Some tops and sweaters)
(Fabrics. Top notch. Decadence. This is the only brand ill buy something of blindly purely due to bargain price)
(Best pants I have ever known from my limited experience)
(Best pants as well)
Pure blue japan
(My favorite japanese denim maker)
white mountaineering - never seen but the styling is awesome
Calvin Klein Collection
John Varvatos (made in Italy stuff only) (brand is not too popular anymore here = more for me)
some EA stuff just looks flippin nice despite $$
Brioni/Borrelli (some of the stuff passes for really stylish streetwear)
ah.. fock it. I do occassionally like BR stuff even though the quality is not the greatest.
Separate names with a comma.