• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Because we all love top 10: Top 10 favourite brands right now

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
At this point for me:

Rick
Julius
Damir
Geller
Yohji
Ann. D
Dior Homme
Black Fleece/Brooks Brothers
Alden

No Prada or Ferragamo?

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden
Engineered Garments
Epaulet
Gitman Bros. Vintage
Lacoste
Merc
Ralph Lauren
SeaVees
Woolrich Woolen Mills

Can't think of a tenth that needs to be on the list. Maybe Tricker's if I owned any.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
^Nice collective totally fell off the map, if you want to link me to this fall's stuff I would be interested to see it.

I actually like Nice Collective quite a bit. The way tthey style their lookbook is typically pretty bland and does nothing for me, and a lot of it is overdesigned imo, but they typically put out some nice pieces every season, and the fabrics are always really good, plus the fit is generally pretty spot on as well.

And heres my list I just threw together. I'm sure if you asked me in an hour it'd be slightly different, but either way here it is.

Richard Chai
Phillip Lim
Umit Benan (don't own any of his stuff for many reasons, but love the aesthetic)
Henrik Vibskov
The Viridi Anne
Acne
Common Projects
Martin Margiela
Visvim
Patrik Ervell

chanimal

Reaction score
wings horns
gant rugger
our legacy
gitman vintage
epaulet
alden
uniqlo
sns herning
fred perry
albam

pretty much all thats in my closet minus some krell underwear, vintage tees and brooks brothers for work

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just don't really have anywhere to take them, or anything to take them with. My only camera options are the one on my blackberry, and a 35mm. Plus while I have like 5 full length mirrors in my house, they are all this hazy smoke color, which makes photos 100% impossible. I'll attempt to find full length mirrors day-to-day, but no guarantees. (I can't think of any I see on a daily basis anywhere.
confused.gif
)

Brian SD

Reaction score
The only stuff I saw that I really like this season is

Stephan Schneider
Giuliano Fujiwara
MMM
Junya Watanabe / CDG Men
N. Hoolywood is good **** too right now.

Can't make a top 10 I'm afraid. Interest is down at the moment (slumps with the finances, I suppose).

The funny thing is that while the only designer purchase I've made this year is a Stephan Schneider shirt (and I plan to cop another as soon as I line up my next job), I've spent probably almost $500 or 600 on all the Adidas soccer gear I've been buying. That's like... two more SS shirts!

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CP
alden
45rpm
unis
nom de guerre
junya watanabe
filson
wings + horns
eg
rrl

Captain Winky

Reaction score
In no particular order:

3Sixteen
Ralph Lauren Black Label
Duncan Quinn
APC
Acne
Theory (yea, that's right, I said Theory, go **** yourselves)
Ferragamo (for all the haters, please see above)
Earnest Sewn
John Varvatos mainline
Zegna mainline

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i had to do one. excluding all the MC stuff like Kiton, JL, Attolini, LP etc. that people here scoff at: Hermes MMM Lanvin Thom Browne Cucinelli (borderline MC, ok) Prorsum Dior Homme Wings + Horns Ralph Lauren Black Label Tom Ford starting to like, but not top-of-mind yet: Gant Rugger loved, but now on the back burner Rag and Bone Giorgio Armani Black Label/Classico Paul Smith hmm...this is really all over the place
confused.gif
but i am very focused on the things i like and work for me - i virtually have no designer pieces other than stuff made by the names above. for example, my non-dress shoes are Lanvin, MMM, and DH sneakers, and W+H and Paul Smith boots/shoes....and my jeans are all DH

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Captain Winky
In no particular order:

3Sixteen
Ralph Lauren Black Label
Duncan Quinn
APC
Acne
Theory (yea, that's right, I said Theory, go **** yourselves)
Ferragamo (for all the haters, please see above)
Earnest Sewn
John Varvatos mainline
Zegna mainline

This is a terrible list.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I've spent probably almost $500 or 600 on all the Adidas soccer gear I've been buying. That's like... two more SS shirts!
I like it but what soccer gear costs that much? mus be the shoes

Originally Posted by jet
This is a terrible list.

+1 yuck

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads