• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Because I am a geek, an appropriate poll

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Favourite Star trek series!

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ranked from high to low: TNG, TOS, DS9, Voyager, Enterprise

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really don't see why so many people don't like DS9 - I loved the complexity it involved versus the other ones (especially Voyager).
P.s. I am a Patrick Stewart fan, so that does go heavily in favour of TNG but DS9 is still tops for me!

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
aside from the decontamination scenes in enterprise. . .
inlove.gif
i guess i would go TNG, Voyager, DS9, TOS, Enterprise.

Babylon 5 was good, but i lost track after a while and then it was too hard to jump back in. talk about long story arcs. also they were very pioneering with CG special effects.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by faustian bargain
aside from the decontamination scenes in enterprise. . .
inlove.gif
i guess i would go TNG, Voyager, DS9, TOS, Enterprise. Babylon 5 was good, but i lost track after a while and then it was too hard to jump back in. talk about long story arcs. also they were very pioneering with CG special effects.

YES! Lightwave and Video Toaster on Amiga 3000/4000 boxes. I remember multiple spreads in mags like Amiga Format on the Toaster/miggy farms used... P.s. I am, glad you got the "Showering Vulcans" reference; I remember seeing that episode and thinking "holy crap, where are they going with this series!"

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Voyager had ridiculously annoying goody-goody characters, especially Neelix, that stupid kid of Ensign Wildman, even Kim, Chakotay and Janeway were always so upright. Perhaps the Doctor or Seven were the best characters.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Voyager had ridiculously annoying goody-goody characters, especially Neelix, that stupid kid of Ensign Wildman, even Kim, Chakotay and Janeway were always so upright. Perhaps the Doctor or Seven were the best characters.

I agree. There was no real gray in Voyager. There was much more in DS9, and they *tried* in Enterprise but it never held my attention enough to look in to it further...

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang

god, now i remember. okay i amend my list, i think voyager goes last. it was way too politically correct. (not that any of the star treks were really bold enough for my taste, but we're not talking about battlestar galactica or starship troopers are we.)

oh holy damn, that dream sequence with the three of them (and the dog!) slathering each other with blue aloe gel...they should've done that every episode.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TNG by a long way. All the elements came together so well.

After that, B5, DS9, TOS, and Voyager.

This has inspired me to start a similar thread...

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by faustian bargain
god, now i remember. okay i amend my list, i think voyager goes last. it was way too politically correct. (not that any of the star treks were really bold enough for my taste, but we're not talking about battlestar galactica or starship troopers are we.)

oh holy damn, that dream sequence with the three of them (and the dog!) slathering each other with blue aloe gel...they should've done that every episode.

wow.gif
What are you talking about? Is that a Voyager episode???

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DS9 is my favourite. The whole Dominion War story arc really put that series over the top and some of the individual episodes that composed it were incredible.

TNG -- the more I watch it, the more I dislike it but there are some stand out episodes.

Enterprise -- I liked it, especially when the show was cancelled and the writers used the last few episodes to go nuts with some interesting ideas. Pity the first two seasons weren't like that.

TOS -- I'm beginning to hate it.

VOY -- I hate it. Except Seven of Nine. Wow.

All of this is moot...the best sci-fi series is the new Battlestar Galactica
smile.gif

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gorgekko
DS9 is my favourite. The whole Dominion War story arc really put that series over the top and some of the individual episodes that composed it were incredible.

I am in complete agreement with you. There was intrigue, backstabbing, stupid command decisions, ineptitude, background diplomacy, you name it! Good stuff.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
TNG easily my favourite, then TOS, then DS9. The rest I'm not keen on.

B5 rocked except for the lame tacked-on last season.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
wow.gif
What are you talking about? Is that a Voyager episode???

no, i shifted gears and started daydreaming about Enterprise again.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone watched Star Trek 2.0 on G4?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads