Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

BDU style pants with matching shirt and belt, what would you advise?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dutchguy, May 29, 2006.

1. dutchguy

dutchguy Active Member

Besides jeans I like to wear BDU pants, particularly for outdoors, hiking etc.
    I generally combine this with a 2.25" wide police belt and a plain color military style shirt (with the front pockets and shoulder epaulettes). What do you think about this combination, or what do you wear with your BDU's? I have the following items, which combination would you recommend? Or something completely different?

Black BDU
    Grey BDU
    Navy blue BDU
    Khaki/tan BDU

white shirt
    light blue shirt
    dark blue shirt
    khaki/tan shirt
    light green shirt

Black 2.25" wide police belt
    Brown 2.25" police belt
    Brown 1.5" jeans belt

Shoes: dress shoes, hiking shoes or military boots?

2. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

First of all, BDU pants are fine just dont wear them like you are over 60, situate the pants lower than where regular dress pants would sit.

I absolutely hate belts that are over 2" because it gives off that bondage look so I would pair these pants with the following:

Your 1.5" jeans belt, the grey BDUs, a light khaki shirt, and some sneakers. I am biased twoard the sneakers though because I can't stand boots and the dress shoes would make it seem too tacky. Ohh, and I actually have never worn boots before seeing as I am only 14.

Happy Pairing

Bubbly