• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BCS Championship Game

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who you got in the BCS Championship Game? I like Florida. The bowl season has shown that the Big 12 is overrated and the SEC, if anything, is slightly underrated. Florida's defense stops Oklahoma more than vice versa, and the Gators win by at least 10.

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the SEC's second best team's showing definitely impressed me: SEC SEC SEC!

Hoping for another Big Game Bob chokelahoma special, but I don't think Florida has seen an offense any where near as good as OU's. I expect a high scoring game and hope Florida pulls it out (and then goes on to develop a shared acute case of syphilis).

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After "hello", I think "OU #1" is what I heard most when I went through OKC several years ago.

Should be an interesting style match-up. Texas showed real problems against the power running attack of OSU and you wonder if OU will have the same struggles. On the flip side, offense is usually a good thing in title games.

The Chris Gamble led buckeyes and Shawn Alexander's Crimson Tide were one of the only ones that won with superior D and average offense that I can recall recently.

Was just remembering my favorite story about the 85 Sooners and "Hanta Yo".

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 2000 Sooners won on the stregnth of the their defense (and Miami getting snubbed by the BCS), as did LSU in 2003 (against the Sooners).

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
And Weinke had a bad game and Minnis was suspended (for 2000).

Anyway, I vote for Florida. Won't be able to watch the game though, sucks. Have a 9:00 church league basketball game

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Oklahoma by a touchdown at least. I don't see Stoops and Bradford giving this one away.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I pick OK, mainly because I hate Tebow.
smile.gif

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gators. OU has played some cupcake defenses this year.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
He's certainly no Terrell Pryor.
True dat. In 3 years Pryor will make Tebow look like an amateur.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
You think he'll stay that long?
I doubt he'll stay thru his senior year. I think we're already gonna lose Beanie before his senior year.
frown.gif

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or is Fox really killing the flow of the game with the frequent long commercial breaks? It seems like there's at least 4 commercials between every stoppage.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads